Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Things your PO's have done...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:34 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Default Things your PO's have done...

Sometimes I wonder, when stumbling upon a Previous Owner's contraption, what in the hell were they thinking? Lets hear some of your discoveries..

Currently Im dealing with a mastercylinder and booster mounted crooked, which not only looks alittle odd, but looks like it made some complications mounting to the brake pedal assembly. I know this is one of my dad's creations, Im gonna have to slap him around or something[8D]...

The rubber boot is torn on the backside of the booster around the rod, is that ok?

Nic
Old 01-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Arcticspook
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Things your PO's have done...

My PO apparently decided that he didn't like A/C or heat so he removed all of the A/C components minus the contrtols on the dash and the pipes just inside the engine compartment. He also decided to cut all of the vacum lines under the dash so the heat wouldn't work.

I am now slowly but surely piecing all of it back together so my 67 will have a/c and heat again as I am thinking about selling it.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:55 PM
cmanf
3rd Gear Member

old falcon i had had the rear brake line cut and a pair of rusty old vise-grips an coat-hanger had it tied off
Old 01-18-2008, 01:10 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cmanf

old falcon i had had the rear brake line cut and a pair of rusty old vise-grips an coat-hanger had it tied off
Lol, amazing. Reminds me of the time a saw a broken exhaust pipe "fixed" with a beer can and coat hanger...
Old 01-18-2008, 02:26 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

One of my quarter panel patches was made out of a flattened beer can and riveted into place... then smoothed out with bondo of course.

Oh and in my shifter theres the litle white arrow, mine was made out of yet another beer can, so I made another one out of good sheet metal and painted it white. I think my PO liked beer...
Old 01-18-2008, 02:43 PM
67 evil eleanor
5th Gear Member

Made a battery trey out of an old breaker box or meter base. Its still in the car and works great.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:49 PM
6marc5
3rd Gear Member

Well,so farI have found the PO patched the lower cowl and partof the cowl sidewith what appears to be pieces of a stop sign pop riveted to the old metal( I say this because whenI got it home and took the interior out,crawled under the dash andI see red irredecent paint with parts ofwhite letters lol )and then used some type of paper tape with sanded black top sealer or something to cover it up. He also put new floors directly over the rusted ones using lots and lots of duraglass and the same black sanded sealer or paint.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:06 PM
390bigblock1
2nd Gear Member

my PO decided he didnt want power steering so he just took the pump out and zip tied the lines,
Old 01-18-2008, 03:27 PM
RolandT3Speed
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: baddog671

ORIGINAL: cmanf

Lol, amazing. Reminds me of the time a saw a broken exhaust pipe "fixed" with a beer can and coat hanger...
Hey now, that's perfectly legit!

I didn't find anything terribly out of the ordinary on my Mustang, other than the 3/4 inch of bondo on the rear quarter panel.....

I did an odd repair myself to a '69 Ford van I had years ago.
The front wheel well was rusted out under the battery so I took two old aluminum license plates, pounded them flat, bolted them together then secured them into the wheel well. I painted them black so they didn't show.
I'm sure the person who has that van now is wondering how Washington state license plates got used to repair a Texas van!
Old 01-18-2008, 03:28 PM
cmanf
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4reboy

One of my quarter panel patches was made out of a flattened beer can and riveted into place... then smoothed out with bondo of course.

Oh and in my shifter theres the litle white arrow, mine was made out of yet another beer can, so I made another one out of good sheet metal and painted it white. I think my PO liked beer...
LOL back in the 70s the steel in beer cans was better than whats in todays cars.

Quick Reply: Things your PO's have done...