Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Mustang will be in April Popular Hot Rodding Magazine!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:15 PM
ninteen66mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang will be in April Popular Hot Rodding Magazine!

If you like it in the STI, you'd love the massive amounts of torque a V-8 makes with this stuff.
PLCdude, sorry I just saw, it is just a single setup. I'll have to find more pics.

If admin doesn't mind, the exhaust goes for 1450 for 65-66's. And the 67-70 are easier to make @ 1350. That is for headers, crossover and the down pipe.

Just so everyone knows, there are two people that post under this screen name. Me (Dustin) and Richard. He owns this car. But he doesn't like to brag about the thing. I will do it for him though.[8D]It is a blast. The gears are only 3.55's and with the 315 drag radials it will still break the tires loose in 3rd gear @ 60mph.A import tuner opened up a few doors down and was bragging about Evos and 22psi on pump gas. So I took him for a ride with 9psi. Soon as I hit the gas the tires break loose and this guy freaks out and scooches down in the seat looking for somethng to grab onto. His face was priceless. I had to hit it again for him because he didn't really think the car had 9psi.LOLWe sell more turbo kits from test rides than anything.

tires break loose? is that something called wheelspin? whats wheelspin? I have a subaru...

haha, just kidding, all the subaru guys love saying that. I wish I had an STI, but i have a legacy GT. It has the same engine with a slightly smaller turbo. I have ridden in an STI and it was amazing. I cant imagine what a turbocharged V8 would be like. Im sure it has a never-ending abundance of torque. That would be awesome.

When you give those prices, I am assuming that means I would need to find a turbo, induction thinge, and the other odds and ends...?
Old 01-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Scott H.
5th Gear Member

Last edited by Scott H.; 01-16-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:35 PM
cprstreetmachines
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: eZ

1450 for the complete turbo kit?

[/align]
That's for the headers, crossover(that connects to two header and goes into the turbo), and the down pipe(outta the turbo to down under the floor board to about the firewall.) It's all hand made and tig welded. Takes me a while to make even with jigs. Alot of the header tubes are pasted together. And it comes with V-bands so there are no gaskets to blow out. I've seen import headers, just four primaries go for over 1k. Nuts.

Thanx ScottH. Hoping to do this forever. Love going into work every morning. We don't dread it at all.

1966, yeah, gotta get the rest of the stuff. I can get it all, but the total price depends on HP level. If you have a stock block, that whole setup goes for about 4900 if you can install it all yourself. That's everthing you need, but you need alot.You need to modd your holley, get a massive fuel system with a boost ref regulator and return, A1000 pump, boost guage al your fitting and braided line, AFR guage to monitor your motor, carb hat turbo BOV,wategate, muffler(s) with straight thru design, oil lines. Pretty much, if you do it right and safe, it's about that. You can skip stuff like the LM-1 like some people do, but a boosted motor goes pop real fast if it leans out. People try other fuel pumps, that aren't big enough and same thing.POP.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Rajun_Cajun
3rd Gear Member

awesome looking ride cpr...you got any better vid than that mobile ph one you posted a while back? Still waiting to hear that thing in anger

congrats on the article...dont suppose someone would post me a copy
I can tell u first hand that this thing is a beast! It feels like a freakin jet taking off. The front end lifts and keeps on liftin! You wanna hear? Well you wont be able to when the turbo spools up!
Old 01-25-2008, 09:12 AM
cprstreetmachines
4th Gear Member

I'll ask around and see if I can find someone to take a good vid for us.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:24 AM
1965forAC

Congrats on the magazine article guys, that's awesome.

Ari
Old 01-25-2008, 06:22 PM
cprstreetmachines
4th Gear Member

thanks Ari, see you tomorrow.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:33 PM
66JameStang
4th Gear Member

Very sweet can't wait to see it in the issue! Congrats that is HUGE!