Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Another new guy

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 08:23 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Another new guy

Welcome to the forum glad to see more 71-73 mustang lovers showing up here.Whats all done to the 460 and what tranny and rear end you gonna use on it.If you need parts http://www.ohiomustang.com/ has the most for the 71-73 out of anywhere else i found.And anything you cant find let me know.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:02 PM
TommyK
1st Gear Member

I will post pics as soon as I figure out how. I'm not exactly computer literate. My car isin a million pieces right now so don't get your hopes up. I've got the 4V cleveland for sale on ebay and the 460 on a stand while I collect parts and repair/detail the engine bay. I got a C6 with the 460 but it was from a columnshift application (van) and I haven't figured out what I needtodoor gettomakeitworkwithmyfloor shifter. Believe it or not I'm thinking of putting the FMX back in if I can't make the C6 work for reasonable effort/cost. I bought a big block bell housing for it so it will work. I am also still trying to figure out if the Crites stuff is needed or do I just order 429 mounts from Mustangs Unlimited.

Thanks for the link and the offer for help andrewmp6. I've actually bought some small items from Ohio Mustang and you are right they have the most stuff for whale body stangs.

r7jbodyshop, I am a caveman and so carbs are the only thing I can wrap my mind around. Can't help you too much with EFI applications. If you decide to go carb know the basics and am willing to help if I can.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Old 02-13-2008, 10:31 PM
ninteen66mustang
3rd Gear Member

2 ways to post pics that are easy.

1- make a photoshop account, upload pics there, and then copy the IMG tag there but when you post it here, change the IMG to image in both the beginning and the end of the codes.

2- if you click "post reply" here instead of typing in the fast reply there will be a file upload thing below the text box. Just navigate to the pic on your computer and upload it.

P.S. - Pictures of the car in pieces is fine! makes things more interesting.