Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 02:42 PM
66ckurt
2nd Gear Member

Default WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

okay im confused. So if anyone remembers i lowered my car to the point were i couldn't have anything higher than -3 camber or else it would hit the fender. So i bought some spacers took the car apart and tossed em in ( 3/4 urethane spacers). So i took it for a test spin a while back and the alignment was horride and at this point the car was 1 1/2" higher than it was before. This morning i adjusted the toe and got it back into somesort of shape and took it out for another test run pulled to the right like no other but with the steering wheel going left it would go straight nicely. Then i hit the road coming home and the wheels started to screech. got home poped out and supprise supprise the car is back exactly to were it was before......... i does look awsome this low. Anyways im trying to firgure out how im gunna approach this, again, do i go out and get some repo fenders and roll them like a mad man to stop the camber/rubbing issue ( id love to do this im only worried about it settling more) the most expensive, or do i get new spings this ones mid price, or try to deal with more spacers and the not knowing of how low or high it will sit again the which is the cheapest. My cameras not around but when i get it back ill take some pics

cheers, kurtis
Old 03-01-2008, 02:58 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

Default RE: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Take it to an alignment shop
Old 03-01-2008, 03:34 PM
66ckurt
2nd Gear Member

lol i made a reply about a bit ago to 67mustang and i said that i needed to fix the ride hight problem to make it so i could run -.5 camber before i take it in to alignment.... i don;t know crap lol. i just i just brought my toe back in from were it was right before i made this post get this i can now fit my fist inbetween the fender and tire. Alignment is a strang mistress. toe is affecting my right high BIG time can anyone explain this to me?
Old 03-01-2008, 03:52 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

Toe won't effect ride height.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:10 PM
66ckurt
2nd Gear Member

ive gone from not seeing the top of the tire to a fist gap to a finger gap all by just adjusting the tie rod sleeve. I was just out there running it up and down my driveway stoping making some changes over and over to get it down to were it is im so confused how but its all that im adjusting
Old 03-01-2008, 04:24 PM
66ckurt
2nd Gear Member

i took it out just now again and at reg speed and accel its sitting nicely toe is good tracking is good but when i start to get on it a bit it lifts the front and it will pull to the left enough for my to have to do like an 1/8 of a turn of the wheel to compensate. also ive found out under accel the tires point in and under braking they point out is this all normal or is something up?
Old 03-01-2008, 05:34 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

You need a bump steer corrector kit at least. The toe changing on braking-acceleration like you describe indicates that the steering end links on the drag link are sitting lower than the end links on the spindle.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:30 PM
66ckurt
2nd Gear Member

ya ive been looking into them but i hear they're really hard to get anyone to make them work proper with alignment and all that.