Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

i dont know what to do now

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

Default RE: i dont know what to do now

From your original post, although the rest were quite amusing, I would figure it to be the starter/solenoid or the battery.

Make sure you have a fully charged battery before staring your car, It'll eff with the starter and cause problems, even if they aren't obvious right away.

And don't be afraid to spend a few extra bucks on a name brand starter. Those cheap Pep Boys ones are garbage. As far as the PB remans go, they are just parts that are claimed from the bone yard and given a quick cleaning and a new shell. Advance (by me at least) has been known to get some really shoddy electric parts. I.E., starters, alternators, regulators, and the people there have no clue how to test the ones you bring to them.

I also agree with gun. Check your gaskets. I'm a little baffeled how you built pressure up on two cylinders. Do you mean you flooded them?
Old 03-03-2008, 03:04 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

You might have some petro-reactive cylinder fungus in those two cylinders.. this specific fungus can grow in a cylinder if the car is not started in the last month or two. It is usually nota majorproblemas long as the fungus does not get past the rings and into the oil, this can be a real problem as the fungus grows up into the oil pump and makes it's way to the crankshaft and cam bearings.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:09 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

On a more serious note, a person can surely break the sh*t out of an engine if it becomes hydrolocked (or even near hydrolocked)with either water or gasoline.... be careful....

Old 03-03-2008, 10:57 PM
jaw66
2nd Gear Member

Any luck yet?
Old 03-04-2008, 12:28 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

yea i pulled the plugs and tried starting it and it cranked, but by the sounds of it my starter needs replacing, im going to dallas mustang in a few days too get a new one, when i parked my mustang i didnt have any fluids in it, earlier when i tried cranking it with plugs, i didnt put and gas in the carb. i will find out in a few days whats next
Old 03-04-2008, 12:41 AM
Gun Jam

You need to ask yourself "self why is a fluid, possibly fuel, getting into those cylinders?"

Could it be stuck floats that allow fuel to dump into the intake as fast as the pump can dump it in?

Could it be something other than fuel?

You should fix this issue before worring about the starter.

Now my question is: why is the engine not running did you just rebuild it? Or has it sat for a long time?

-Gun
Old 03-04-2008, 01:37 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

i did a small rebuild and then it sat for a few months