Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

PLEASE!! Door window brackets 1969?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 02:19 PM
bulan
1st Gear Member

Default PLEASE!! Door window brackets 1969?????

Hi!
I am looking for a passanger side Door Window Bracket (original glue-in). I am missing one and found some out thereon Ebay but I am not sure if they will fit. Do you know if it's the same for Coupes, Convertibles and Fastbacks? Thanks!I hope you will understand most of my Swenglish language.
Mats Nilsson, Sweden
Old 03-16-2008, 06:50 AM
bulan
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Door window brackets 1969?????

I was trying to look at aftermarket parts to get the answer but I still dont know for sure because I have only found the bolt-in style brackets most people use. If someone have an answer i would appreciate it a lot. Thanks!!!
Mats
Old 03-16-2008, 08:42 AM
dnswwood
2nd Gear Member

I seem to remember that the Coupes or Grande windows were different I dont think they had as much bow in the glass.If you are replacing windows in a 69I would consider going to the bolt in style windows from a 70.They cant come Unglued from the track and will solve the problem you are having now permenantly
Jeff
Old 03-16-2008, 10:48 AM
bulan
1st Gear Member

Thanks!
Yes, everybody recommend that but I have the door glass and one bracket and are out of money. New door glass and brackets for bolt in are like $ 700.I was thinking of finding one RH bracket and try to glue it once more. I wasn't sure about the bracket because the door glass was different from Coupes and Convertiblesbut maybe the bracketsare the same. I still dont know for sure because when you buy new brackets for bolt-in it there is only one kind of bracket set and not a special for the fastback/sportsroof.
Thanks!!
Mats
Old 03-16-2008, 11:54 AM
dnswwood
2nd Gear Member

I will try to remember to look at the grande we have for a parts car and see if its the same shape as the fastbacks next time i'm down at the shop.
Jeff
Old 03-17-2008, 10:17 AM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

The Grande will be the same..
Old 03-17-2008, 11:12 PM
DanK69RustangVert
2nd Gear Member

The Ford shop manual only shows one bracket style, from that I assume them to be the same for all models.

That said, bolt in IS the better bet,less chance of coming loose andfewer leaks that can ruin your doors.
Yet I do understand having little money. Good Luck!
Old 03-17-2008, 11:19 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

Don't know what to tell you, but the urethane 1969 windows can be a b!tch. From the look so of mine the urethane has been redone like 3 times from people knocking it loose before, I have to figure out how to unglue them all (burning it out), then reglue them the right way, then letting it cure for multiple days, THEN figure out how to put it back in my car haha.

Good luck finding the part, you might want to check mustang vendors as I'm sure they should sell the individual brackets...

cjponyparts.com has worked well for me in the past.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:39 PM
bulan
1st Gear Member

Thanks a lot guys!
I decided to go for bolt in anyway because one door glass wasn't very good and I dont want to buy one for glue in. What I understand from youthe glue in glass isnot a good design.
I am going to wait for some more money and buy a bracket set and glass for bolt in.
Do you guys know if I am going to need regulators from -69 or -70 and if I am going to need more parts to do this conversion. I would really appreciate a tech article for this bolt in conversion if you know where to find one.
Thanks a lot!!!
Mats Nilsson, Sweden
Old 03-19-2008, 10:21 AM
DanK69RustangVert
2nd Gear Member

You should only need the brackets and glass to do the conversion. Regulators should be the same and the brackets should bolt onto the regulator the same way the glue-in style did.

I haveglass and bolt in bracketsfor my '69 but haven't installed them yet. I was told that was all I needed.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: PLEASE!! Door window brackets 1969?????