Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

tickets - story telling time

Old 03-25-2008, 02:35 PM
AV8ForFun
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: tickets - story telling time

Oh, I forgot the stupidest ticket I ever got. When I was in High School ('82), my friend and I were going to a party and went to buy some beer. In those days we used to cruise the strip, or do loops....in other words we drove from one end of town to the other end and turned around and did it again. All along the strip there were cars parked watching the Hot Rod shows as they went by. My friend and I decided to do a few loops before going to the party...didn't want to get there too early.

However, we didn't wait for the party to open up the bottles of beer. We each drank one as we were driving around. I finished mine and threw the bottle into some bushes as we drove by. My friend finished his and handed it to me, I threw that one out as we were going byanother clump ofbushes. This time I missed the bushes and hit the police car parked behind it (Absolute Truth[sm=bangbang.gif]). Anyway, he pulls us over and tickets us both. Minor in poss., poss. of untaxed alcohol (Bootleg from across the state line), littering and destruction of public property. I flipped my lid and got taken to jail for arguing. Anyway, we saw the night court judge and arranged to make payments and they took our beer and let us go....if we'd go home.

Anyway, of course we didn't go home....we went to the party....after getting more beer. Well the party ended up being really loud and the police were called....guess who pulls up in the front yard as I'm standing there with a beer.....the same cop that arrested me earlier. He said I thought I told you to go home....I told him I was home, even though I wasn't....somehow I managed not to get arrested a second time, but he did make me pour the beer out that I had in my hand.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:43 AM
mightythor99
1st Gear Member

i've got a couple of em,................probably the first one, was a speed trap, with a cop standing out in the road waving speeders over, and there was a cop in a car, doing the radar, on the side street next to the guy waving. i had been fumbling with the radio, and was in my lane, new driver, and flying down the street, and when i got done fumbling, i looked up, and saw a guy waving at me............so...........i waved back! i thought he knew me! hell, i didnt see he was wearing all blue........i knew there were not other cars around me.............he got a puzzled look on his face, and they didnt have a chase car, so a block later, i figured out what had happened, and sped up! got the hell outa there!! i wasnt STUPID!!
but, the rules are differnet, as you get older..................
in poland, their highways are CRAZY...............they have three lanes. each way has one lane, and it is always a passing zone..........they have speed limits, but not too many cops are out on the highways. they have a middle lane, that is the "passing lane",............when you are going to pass someone, they know it, because they see you coming up from behind. they get 1/2 on the shoulder, and 1/2 in "our" lane. the oncoming cars go 1/2 on the shoulder, and 1/2 in their lane, and you make your pass. otherwise, it's just an extra lane in the middle. so, cresting hills, crossing on bridges, flying out in the country, you are constantly moving from lane to lane. also, there are farmers, with horse carts on there sometimes,...........and you can pop over a hill, and bam, there he is,.............i never hit one, but a friend of mine did,...........apple cart/wagon, full of apples, or turnips, i think it killed the horse even. totalled his car for sure. they dont use guard rails much either,...............big trees, with red and white circles painted on them all along the edges.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:39 AM
67 evil eleanor
5th Gear Member

I wasn't driving but was a back seat passanger. We was at a Squad convention and at the Friday night social when we ran out of drinks. So myself and a couple of brothers left to go to the store. Although the driver was sober, he wasn't very good at driving his brothers straight shift (whohad beendrinking). As we approched a stoplight it turned yellow, and we stopped (in the left land). The brother in the passanger seat told the driver, he was going to "MOON" the the people to the rightof the intersectionwhen the light turns green (I was thinking, this is not a good idea). He did when thelight changed and you know it,the driver stalls the car. Well, guess who pulls up on the right. Yep, the Police. It was an Warmsummer night and everyone had their windows down. I heard the Officer who was driving tell his pardner, "would you look at that". The driver finally got the car started then looked over and seen theOfficer, BUSTED!he told him to "pullyour arss over, justpass the intersection". I just knew we were on our way to jail. TheOfficer's approched the car anddidn't even askthe driver for his permit or registration (I guess they seen his Squad tags). He gaveus a speech abouthowit wasillegal, in his words, "toshow youarss in public". I noticed bothOfficers were trying their best not to laugh. After a briefchewing out, theOfficertold us to be careful and goon our way. The other Officerat the passanger side said,"I don't want tosee your arsseshanging out around townanymore tonight".I guess that was the straw that broke the Camel's back andas wepulled out I heard one of themlet loose alaugh. I looked backto see both Officers bent over laughing theirarsses off.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:21 AM
mightythor99
1st Gear Member

showing my age here.......................
when the james bond movie came out "moon raker", we were cruising downtown, and i, and another guy in the back seat, went past the HUGE line..........with our butts hanging out the window, and slapping it, shouting, "HERE'S THE REAL MOON RAKER!!"
thank god cell phones didnt exist,...............or my "jacket" would be HUGE...........probably would STILL be in jail!