Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

tickets - story telling time

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 05:54 PM
groho
4th Gear Member

Default tickets - story telling time

Sorry folks, couldn't resist. Carry over from the ticket post. What is your most knuckle-headed mistake that resulted in a ticket?

As for me, happened about two years ago.Stopped at a four way stop, and road to the west was closed.While I was stopped, I rolled down the window and politely asked thecop how long the delay was gonna be before the county road would re-open. (not too many ways in or outa where I live) he said, "be at least a couple hours, nasty accident. . . now pull over to the shoulder so I can right you a ticket for not wearing a seat belt!" - $75 question

Old 03-19-2008, 05:57 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Default RE: tickets - story telling time

never had a mistake for a legit ticket i had a few in one day. im still under going litigation representing myself pro se. so far ts cost me around 3k ftl[:'(]
Old 03-19-2008, 06:33 PM
ninteen66mustang
3rd Gear Member

This didnt happen to me, or result in a ticket, but its a funny story:

Someone got pulled over for speeding and after the cop ran his info and everything he said "I have had a long day and dont feel like writing a ticket, if you can give me an excuse I have never heard before, ill let you off." The guy thought a little and responded: "I had to get it up to 88 to get the flux capacitor working." The cop let him off.

I have never gotten a ticket or have ever been pulled over for that matter
Old 03-19-2008, 07:08 PM
cmanf
3rd Gear Member

I got clocked @ 170mph last sunday by the gsp.
After a 30 min lecture from a late 20's officer he told me.
One I cant believe your doing things like this your almost my dads age!
Since you did pull over and waited on me and I have no idea why you did I wouldnt have you should be going to jail right now.

Its your lucky day go home and slow the f*** down.
I was sweating bullets. I know it was stupid but I had a very long stretch of open road. Thought I would just run up to 120 or so but 170 came on way to fast!
I have a guy supposed to be picking up the bike this week. I took that as a last wake up call way to easy to go way to fast with that thing.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

4th of July, '07. Outside lane of a double left turn lane onto an onramp, across traffic. An sn95 GT next to me that I wanted to beat onto the freeway. Light turned green, he chirped, I gunned it and burned the tire (no LS) through the corner. Thatparticular corner happens to be off camber and isn't exactly paved very well. I finally gave up on finding traction and let off when I was looking down the road through my right window. Straightened out quickly and hopped on the freeway and....lights in my mirror. Crap. He had been passing us right as the light turned green.

The cop was actually really nice. He could've written me up for challenging to race or exhibition of speed, both of which are misdemeanors, but he let me off for 'excessive speed,' which is just a moving violation.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ninteen66mustang

Someone got pulled over for speeding and after the cop ran his info and everything he said "I have had a long day and dont feel like writing a ticket, if you can give me an excuse I have never heard before, ill let you off." The guy thought a little and responded: "I had to get it up to 88 to get the flux capacitor working." The cop let him off.
Variation on the excuse...guy says to cop

"my wife ran off with a police officer last week. I thought it was him trying togive her back"
Old 03-19-2008, 08:28 PM
jaw66
2nd Gear Member

When I had my 69 fastback I pulled into a shopping center parking lot(after the stores were all closed) and just gave it hell from one end of thelot to the other. Little did I know there was cop sitting on the other side the box truck where I pulled in. He got me for smoking the tires and excessive noise.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:59 PM
19stang66
4th Gear Member

$100 some dollar ticket for not having my rear liscense plate mounted to the car. it was sitting in the rear window because i was too lazy to buy bolts and attach it. The cop was a total dick about it too.
Another one i got but not in my mustang was in iowa on the way back to school from the iowa state vs iowa football game last fall. Got pulled over for speeding and waited for the cop to come up to the window to open my wallet and give him my liscense. Being a lil hung over from the day before I forgot I had my brothers ID in the front of my wallet instead of mine. So needless to say he saw it and took it away from me. That sucked.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

a mate and i were racing each other through one of the main streets late at night. no other cars around. He had a Datsun 1200. I had a 1600. Both modified and loud (in the days pre-ricer, pre fart can exhaust).

I stopped at a turn right waiting for the green arrow. He went straight on and then pulled a u-turn coming straight back at me to turn left down the same road (opposite side to you guys).

My light goes green so we both had our tyres howling trying to be first through the intersection. Full sideways, stunt driving, missed each other by inches, race on down the road.

The copwas the only other car on the road and right behind me at the lights yet neither of us saw him. He lit up the lights and siren so my mate (who lost) pulled over. I tried changing lanes to effect the getaway but he came after me and pulled me over too. He was laughing at what a pair of d*ckheads we had been but he still defected both our cars. (defected = unroadworthy = registration suspended)

I went to college the next week so my old man sold the car for $100 without telling me.[:@]
Actually it was probably a blessing. Ok it wasnt a 12 second car but it was quick enough. It used to break traction at 80mph on dirt roads in 3rd gear. No brakes, no belts, worn suspension and I drove it like I stole it. Would have killed myself eventually.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:45 PM
TexasAxMan
4th Gear Member

My wedding night, drank too much at the reception, took the worst route to the airport, then noticed I was almost out of gas. Exited the highway, made a u-turn and then was clocked at 90+ MPH on the feeder road (I was in my '96 Impala SS). Cop walked up to the window, asked what the hurry was. I told him it was my wedding night. He let me go with a warning even though we both smelled of beer. Barely made our flight also. This was 10 years ago, believe me I have grown up since then.

10 years before that, my buddy and I each had K-5 Blazers, both modified and lifted. Going down the road at about 1 AM, he nails it, I had to follow suit (they were Blazers, so they sounded like we were hauling a$$, but we were probably only going granny speed). We saw 2 cop cars on the side of the road with someone pulled over. The light ahead turned red, we hit the brakes, he decided to blast through it so I followed suit. Both ended up getting a sobriety test and 2 tickets each, one for competition for speed, the other for running a red light.

Both of these incidents were serious mistakes that I regret but have to own up to.

Quick Reply: tickets - story telling time