Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

I updated my "between the seats" e-brake handle web page

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Daze
3rd Gear Member

Default I updated my "between the seats" e-brake handle web page

I eliminated the the wheel and need to cut up the tunnel and have updated the page accordingly. what do you think??
E-brake page
Old 03-21-2008, 05:34 PM
jstud321

Default RE: I updated my "between the seats" e-brake handle web page

i was actually looking for sumthing like that not to long ago haha
i think it is a great idea
how difficult is it?
Old 03-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

Always enjoy your site. I've been toying with the idea of a right handed e-brake but she wants a full length custom console with an arm rest / storage area. Thinking of offsetting it towards the drivers side on the hump and pulled more towards the driver then upwards. Fairly sure the console will also have to be designed around the handle some way as well.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:02 PM
ninteen66mustang
3rd Gear Member

Dang, I wish I would have seen this while I had my interior torn out. That would be pretty sweet.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:18 AM
Gun Jam

medium left flattens, keep center over bridge... into easy right tightens bad, K left 100.

Old 03-22-2008, 04:44 AM
dano670
2nd Gear Member

The website looks great. I really need to do this project. Do you think you will offer for sale parts such as the convergence bracket, cable mounting bracket, etc.? Most of the work, I know I can do, but I don't have access to a welder.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:26 AM
JMD
6th Gear Member

Awesome tech page asalways, incredible detail!

Thanks Daze!!

Old 03-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Daze
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jstud321
how difficult is it?
I thought it was a very easy install... of course my idea of an "easy install" might be slightly squied, I like to take on a good challange I would say on a scale of 1-10 where 1 is an oil change and 10 is building a car completely from scratch this project is probably a 3
ORIGINAL: Adrenolin
Always enjoy your site. I've been toying with the idea of a right handed e-brake but she wants a full length custom console with an arm rest / storage area. Thinking of offsetting it towards the drivers side on the hump and pulled more towards the driver then upwards. Fairly sure the console will also have to be designed around the handle some way as well.
I have heard of several people adapting a MustangII console to their car and those have the e-brake lever built in. Also I think you could use a stock console and make the feet spacers much thicker to raise the handle up through said console
ORIGINAL: Gun Jam
medium left flattens, keep center over bridge... into easy right tightens bad, K left 100.
What????? I don't get it
ORIGINAL: dano670
Do you think you will offer for sale parts such as the convergence bracket, cable mounting bracket, etc.? Most of the work, I know I can do, but I don't have access to a welder.
I have made a couple of kits for people but not offered them on my web page because drilling out the bolts was a pain, however now that I have a lathe I could easily drill out the bolts so I will probably start offering them.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daze
I have heard of several people adapting a MustangII console to their car and those have the e-brake lever built in. Also I think you could use a stock console and make the feet spacers much thicker to raise the handle up through said console
I'll take a look at the MustangII console sometime for some ideas thanks. Right now I'm thinking I'll likely use a 3/8" plywood to frame up and build the console. Lift up Arm rest/storage section between seats, slant down section forward that with change & cell phone storage, then e-brake with 2 cup holders to the side followed with a hole for the 4-speed MT stick and finally going up into the dash for more storage and stereo head unit. I'd like to get 1 power socket (cigar type) and a small inverter inside the console with an actual plug for appliance power (laptop). Both on the passenger side. All covered with 1/2" foam (1" on arm rest) and vinyl covered to match the 2-tone Ivy Gold seats.

Thats my general idea for it anyways. Construction background and father was a carpenter for 50 years so it shouldn't be overly hard to build. Its just getting the e-brake in there could be tricky space wise. Winter project for next year I think.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Gun Jam

Daze....you dont get it?

Now with an ebrake that you can easly access a whole new world of rally experence can be yours tarmac or dirt

Quick Reply: I updated my "between the seats" e-brake handle web page