Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #1
66 FastBach
1st Gear Member

Default T-5 Fluid Capacity

i just I.D. that i have a T-5 WC and at the Tremic Website it says to fill the fluid till it just starts to drip out the fill hole,but i remember seeing a post in here that said different than that. its probably best to follow the Tremic website Right??
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 04-04-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
Daze
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: T-5 Fluid Capacity

Where is the post that says not to???? That is why the fill plug is where it is so you know the perfect amount of fluid to put in it. here is a little trick, rather than filling the trans from the fill hole remove the plug, remove the shifter, and fill the trans from the shifter opening. When the trans gets full fluid will begin to drain out the fill plug.

Mustang tech www.DazeCars.com
[b][size=4]Galaxie & F S Ford forum www.galaxieforum.com
Daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:02 PM   #3
Gun Jam

Send a message via ICQ to Gun Jam Send a message via AIM to Gun Jam Send a message via Yahoo to Gun Jam

I know the t5's use ATF but what kind of ATF? Deltron 3 or whatever or will any of them work?

Thanks

-Gun

Masters of Industrial Technology intelligence thats why I own guns made to drop elephants.
Gun Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:01 AM   #4
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Vehicle: 1965, ford, mustang fastback
Send a message via AIM to rmodel65 Send a message via MSN to rmodel65 Send a message via Yahoo to rmodel65

2-4. APPROVED LUBRICANT. Most T5
transmission models use DexronÒ II automatic
transmission fluid. Refer the vehicle owner’s manual
or service manual for lubricant specifications

taken from http://www.ttcautomotive.com/English...ice_Manual.pdf
rmodel65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 05:18 AM   #5
kalli
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1964, Ford, Mustang

i just bought a T-5 from a fella who rebuilds and sells T-5 (a lot)
I asked him yesterday what fluid he would recommend and he says:
get dexron 3 or 4 for the fluid,4 qt's
..It holds just a little more than 3.

but yes, in all trannies with a fillerhole on the said it's usually: fill until its coming out that hole again.
And thx daze for the hint. I was always wondering if that would be possible (a LOT easier tan getting funnels and hoses etc)

CSRP disc brakes front and FRPP discs back.
http://www.gascc.ie

kalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #6
Daze
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Gun Jam

I know the t5's use ATF but what kind of ATF? Deltron 3 or whatever or will any of them work?

Thanks

-Gun
IMHO the best fluid to use is a full synthetic designed for manual transmissions that normaly use ATF. Simple reason is when the T5 was changed to ATF an off the shelf fluid was chosen. ATF works just fine but has things in it for ATs that your T5 does not need. A full synthetic designed to work in your trans is tailr made to have everything the T5 needs and nothing it doesn't. Also the fluid in a T5 needs to be changed every 20K miles. By running a full synthetic that change still needs to be done but is not as critical if don't do it as often as you should. I use this fluid
Click the image to open in full size.
"Synchromax® is recommended for manual transmissions that specify an automatic transmission fluid or motor oil. It is also ideal for 4x4 transfer cases and / or 2-cycle and 4-cycle motorcycle gear boxes. Synchromax® is formulated with Royal Purple's synthetic, proprietary Synerlec® additive technology, which offers improved shift quality over a wide temperature range and reduced gear noise. Synchromax® is fully compatible with all types of friction materials and offers excellent corrosion and oxidation protection without affecting the soft metals commonly found in manual transmission synchronizers. Try Royal Purple® today and Feel the Difference!"

Mustang tech www.DazeCars.com
[b][size=4]Galaxie & F S Ford forum www.galaxieforum.com
Daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #7
Gun Jam

Send a message via ICQ to Gun Jam Send a message via AIM to Gun Jam Send a message via Yahoo to Gun Jam

awesome thanks daze

Masters of Industrial Technology intelligence thats why I own guns made to drop elephants.
Gun Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:11 PM   #8
kalli
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1964, Ford, Mustang

can't get royal purple over here. so what is suggested ? is there any spec that I can go by?
CSRP disc brakes front and FRPP discs back.
http://www.gascc.ie

kalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #9
66 FastBach
1st Gear Member

thanx for the info. during the tranny service i took the driveline off to get it balanced and the next day i get a call and find out its bent!!! that explains the little vibration i was feeling and the reason i was doing all this.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:25 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
3rd, capacity, change, filter, fluid, ford, forum, gear, level, manual, mustang, oil, t5, tranmissions, transmission