Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Help out a soldiers dream.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 08:30 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

Yeah there is a sherwin around here. Not a problem. Just let me know and I will bust my tail to get the rest of the stuff done around here to fit it in.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:18 PM
mortman
3rd Gear Member

Rod, have you check with the shemanwilams distributor that donating the paint? that could give you some leads. also try the sheman williams californa rep is name is mark ?? dont remember if you want his info let me know, might get more info from the rep. also try your/regional local VFW, lots of great guys there that my be of assistance.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:23 PM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

Mortman,

I had contacted 3 painters that the Fresno Sherwin Williams manager gave me. One guy said he couldn't help me because he was too small and couldnt absorb the work, another guy never returned my phone calls, and a third guy said he couldnt afford to in this current market.

I had briefly thought about the VFW but never went... I can definately try that route...

With regards to the supplier you were referencing Sheman Wiliams, I went to Sherwin Williams (best known for house paint) Auto Body two different companies. The local Manager at the Fresno store is who had agreed to donate the supplies, but I havent talked to him in over a year because I had not found a body/paint man.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:37 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

Have you tried contacting MCA - Mustang Club of America?

They have a magazine and if nothing else I am sure would run the story. It might even get the attention of someone who could help or support your effort. I would also check with your local Mustang Clubs.

I am a military vet and have lost friends in both Iraq and Afghanistan. My condolences to you and your family! May he rest in peace!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:09 PM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

I just completed sending out a few emails to the MCA regional clubs regarding this. I didn't find out much from the MCA website about contacting the magazine editors or anything like that, if you have a link to that, I would appreciate the help in that. Steeda, thank you for your service I have found a huge place in my heart for ANY AND ALL military men/women of this country.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:29 PM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

I took these pictures at a local car show. A friend of mine that served under my brother told me tome to the show but then surprised me when he pointed it out. The pictures are of the trunk of a 2004 Saleen owned by Cpl Steve Craig.

Drivers side

Passenger Side

Driver side trunk divider
Old 05-11-2009, 05:33 PM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

I think I have procured a body and paint man to do the work. I got the contact by a custodian that I work with. He has had a few of his cars done throgh this guy. He used to own a shop here in town but retired over 10 years ago. He still does the work out of his private home shop/garage/barn (or what have you). He said he would be honored to do the work. I contacted Sherwin Williams and the offer still stands: Paint, primer (all chemicals for those) and then discounted consumables.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:28 AM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

I am meeting with the gentleman next wednesday to go over what he is going to supply, what he needs, and what the end result will be. I also found out he is more than just a gentleman that used to own a body shop, he was a long time Chevrolet dealership owner that sold out his business four years ago. This dealership had started out in his fathers name in the 1930's and he owned it from 1955 with his sister till the sold it. Anyway, I am really excited about this and cant wait. Ill keep you all updated.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:22 PM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

The painter (Don Paradiso) came by today to look at the project. He looked at it for about 20 minutes touching and rubbing, and talking to me about what I want the outcome to be. He then wanted to clarify that all I want him to supply is the labor. Assuming we go with him, he would like to take it in about a month and only have it about 2 months. He will paint the interior and then jam it, undercoat the unibody, put all the external sheetmetal back including the doors and adjust them.

Im suppose to hear from him on friday with the estimate. I will be keeping everyone updated as to the progress coming up.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:52 PM
racin66coupe
5th Gear Member

thats awesome! im very glad you stuck with the project

Quick Reply: Help out a soldiers dream.