Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

67 coupe daily drive, OPINIONS appreciated.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Hot70Mach1
2nd Gear Member

Default 67 coupe daily drive, OPINIONS appreciated.

been looking around for a 1967-1968 coupe with a 289 or 302 to drive around town and such. i wanted a manual preferably with air conditioning.

this particular car does not have power brakes or power steering. i can live without steering but i would ultimatly add power brakes. this would be a daily driver car but i plan to do some slight apperance mods, namely new paint, modern wheel/tires and dual exhaust. and a new radio and console.

any opinions? is this a good buy or should i keep looking?

a big plus is that this car is an hour drive from my house. close enought to go look at it.

car price 8500

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true
Old 05-06-2008, 09:41 PM
jaw66
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 67 coupe daily drive, OPINIONS appreciated.

I would say if it is solid than go for it. It looks pretty clean in the pics...
Old 05-06-2008, 09:44 PM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Id never buy a car with out seeing it first hand pictures and people lie.8500 is a ok price for a good coupe you can find some cheaper that need work.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Hot70Mach1
2nd Gear Member

i can see nicks in th epaint here and there. and im sure there are dents and im POSITVE there is rust somwhere but im going to go check it out this week. its not a shelby just a little DD so i can live with imperfections for a while.

it seems pretty solid in the pics. well see soon enough.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Hot70Mach1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: andrewmp6

Id never buy a car with out seeing it first hand pictures and people lie.8500 is a ok price for a good coupe you can find some cheaper that need work.
thanks and yeah i would definatly go check this out in person.

i know i can find cheaper. but i want something that dosent need real work. i want something i can drive home and then drive to school the next morning.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:05 PM
jaw66
2nd Gear Member

y not just do a manual disk conversion? You will get improved stopping but a little cheaper to do.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:04 AM
Hot70Mach1
2nd Gear Member

i was assuming that this car might have front discs. but im probably mistaken.

if thats the case then i will do a complete four wheel disc swap and in the future power brakes.

im real into making sure tires, and brakes are up to snuff. im not into racing but this is a 67.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:31 AM
nassaubayman
3rd Gear Member

Factory air? You'd better check into that. The A/C controls are from a '68 (the ***** are different). And the center vent is from a deluxe interior (aluminum side pieces instead of camera-case black).

My '67 coupe cost me $7700 a year ago. Factory air, manual steering, manual brakes, automatic. The previous owner had replaced the original 2bbl carb with a 4bbl Edelbrock intake & carb. Overall, mine is in better shape than the one you're looking at, but the price for the one you're looking at isn't outrageous. Just giving you something for reference.

I've seen a few threads concerning using these cars as daily drivers. I know mine gets, at best, 12 MPG. With gas prices today, using it as a daily driver can't be justified, IMO.

Just some things to consider in your decision process.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:07 AM
kalli
6th Gear Member

not a single picture from the framerails or the underside of the car ?!
that's weird, i would ask form them

Old 05-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Hot70Mach1
2nd Gear Member

as for the pics of frame rails im going to go look at it today. ill report my findings. and take some of my own pics.

as for daily driver. i am a 18 year old college kid with my college finances taken care of and a well paying job with some slight reserves. so i have less responsibilities and can afford to embark on this mission.

also my current daily driver is a 2003 jeep wrangler lifted three inches on 33s with no abs.
so driving a 67 with no ps pb and crappy fuel mileage is not much of a down grade. plus my car before that was a 2001 mustang GT that got 12 and my jeep gets 9

im not worried about efficiency im looking for something i can paint highland green and throw some 17 inch wheels on and have a slick looking car. i have some other mustangs so i know what it is to have no ps no pb.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 67 coupe daily drive, OPINIONS appreciated.