Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

few pics of the stangs

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 11:57 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

Default RE: few pics of the stangs

PM me on where you got the *** JDM stickers. Both stangs are bad *** and that STI is sick as helL!
Old 05-12-2008, 12:19 AM
Hot70Mach1
2nd Gear Member

+on the shocker logos. hahah my local car club is called shocker autosports. its only a temp name cause we just got all together.

its your car. more power to you.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:16 AM
straw1628
2nd Gear Member

Do you have to go be a heating and air or a plumber to own one of those rice things. Im just teasing, those things do scare me a little.[]
Old 05-12-2008, 08:32 AM
lunarweasel
4th Gear Member

Ford needs to get their head out of their asses and come out with an all wheel drive turbo car to compete. They are just handing the 18-24 market over to the Japanese companies. Not even trying.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:32 AM
cmanf
3rd Gear Member

This is just the evolution of the auto world. Imagine yourself @ 20 y.o and the old hot rodders in T-buckets 40 fords and pre WW2 cars not liking your lil pony car much.
Its just a lil beer can Falcon you tried to rod out. Now 20 years later my same car is a classic. It happens to us all just the way things are. Next big kick in the nuts is when your kids will laugh @ the music you like now! lol
Old 05-12-2008, 09:57 AM
snorulz
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cmanf

This is just the evolution of the auto world. Imagine yourself @ 20 y.o and the old hot rodders in T-buckets 40 fords and pre WW2 cars not liking your lil pony car much.
Its just a lil beer can Falcon you tried to rod out. Now 20 years later my same car is a classic. It happens to us all just the way things are. Next big kick in the nuts is when your kids will laugh @ the music you like now! lol
so you are saying in 20 years ricer cars will be classics? Say it isn't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is this world coming to?
Old 05-12-2008, 12:17 PM
jamieNerikas66stang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: snorulz

so you are saying in 20 years ricer cars will be classics? Say it isn't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is this world coming to?
YES, coming from a 27 year old, YES, the STi's, EVO's, Skylines, GTRs, Silvias, etc...will be classics one day, these our the hot rods of my generation, the mustangs are the hot rods of your generation, if you think about it, it makes sense,...these cars ARE BAD *** for the $, there are AWD 4 cyl, i repeat 4cyl cars running around with over 500ponies at the wheels,...daily driven,..these cars can not be beat for the money!
Old 05-12-2008, 12:41 PM
66JameStang
4th Gear Member

Very nice Stangs, everything looks slick.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:44 PM
snorulz
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jamieNerikas66stang

ORIGINAL: snorulz

YES, coming from a 27 year old, YES, the STi's, EVO's, Skylines, GTRs, Silvias, etc...will be classics one day, these our the hot rods of my generation, the mustangs are the hot rods of your generation, if you think about it, it makes sense,...these cars ARE BAD *** for the $, there are AWD 4 cyl, i repeat 4cyl cars running around with over 500ponies at the wheels,...daily driven,..these cars can not be beat for the money!
Coming from a 22 year old, i hope this does not come true. So what is "my generation?" I would take a domestic any day over an import. If you took the same amount of money to make a 4 cyl have 500hp and put that money in in an 8 cylinder, you would have way more than 500 hp. There is no replacement for displacement as the old saying goes. I really don't want to debate imports vs. domestic though, its just that the thought had never occured to me that all the ricer crap could be considered classics some day. Now imports can be done tasteful, your car is a prime example and i am sure it is very quick. I don't consider your car rice either but its still not for me. Anything can be made fast.

When i think classics i don't think of any imports. I like how classics so far are american cars and i hope it stays that way. Only time will tell.

Sorry to cause this thread to become sidetracked.

Edit:
looked up what classic means at dictionary.com and this is what is says,
"of or pertaining to automobiles distinguished by elegant styling, outstanding engineering, and fine workmanship that were built between about 1925 and 1948."
I guess that means mustangs aren't really classics? I guess that also means i won't have to worry about imports becoming classics either.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:23 PM
ky
America ftw

i told my friend about the *** jdm stickers and of course he was irritated cause the shocker sticker was started by importers. so i guess its kinda contradictful having both those stickers....lol

Quick Reply: few pics of the stangs