Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

For all those paranoid about the Economic Stimulus money...

Old 05-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Kramer
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: For all those paranoid about the Economic Stimulus money...

hey all i got to say is at least you got $600.. all my family didnt get that and we are poor enough that it would have helped us out alot
Old 05-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Hot70Mach1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kramer

hey all i got to say is at least you got $600.. all my family didnt get that and we are poor enough that it would have helped us out alot
i concur.

my dads been laid off for 8 months and just got a job two or three months ago. and its 100% commission. so money isnt the same around here eiether.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

because you put your text within the quote tags

And yeah, you're right. Forgot about that part of it.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Hot70Mach1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Starfury

because you put your text within the quote tags

And yeah, you're right. Forgot about that part of it.
I TRIED TO FIX IT! HONEST!

thanks.

also Kramer. i believe that the government purposly choose certain income brackets because they believed that a family with less would be more willing to save the money. and that a family with a little more money would be more inclined to spend the money.

so once again the middle class gets the money and the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

it has to do with MPS and MPC. the government dosent actually care about the individual receiving 600 dollars. they arent doing it to be nice they are doing it to jumpstart the economy.

blah.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Kenny_Z
2nd Gear Member

I gave mine to Daze a couple of month's back for my brake swap kit. It stayed American
Old 05-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

Actually, I'm REALLY freaking far down the tax bracket. I'm 24 and and a part time (sometimes full time)student. This is the first year I've been able to claim myself on my own taxes; I've been a dependant on my mom's up until now. $20k total householdincome for a year doesn't put you in a very high tax bracket. $600 to me is a pretty sizeable chunk of change. I'm just young and stupid enough to spend it on my car That, and I got a raise at work, so I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket.

But you're right, the goverment isn't doing it for the individual, it's to help the economy as a whole.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Jamison
1st Gear Member

As far as $600 goes, I think the government hs the right idea. I just don't think $600 is enough. Dont get me wrongl. thats not me saying i want 10k and then ill be happy. I think this is the reight idea, but $600 isnt much, considering the state of things. I filled upo my truck today for $4.09 a gallon... regular 87.... this is getting out of control.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... if people keep buyng hondas and toyotas, this economy will continue to fail. Aside from a home, a car is you next biggest purchase, in most instances. Even a used one. The parts are licensed to that company, and chances are good you'll take it to that make's dealership for service...

my $.02
[/quote]

my question is why are people buying hondas and toyotas vs others? is it because they are that much more reliable? Id in the market for an american made fuel efficent ultra small reliable car that handles well has a great sporty feel, a smooth manual shifter, and is a blast to drive. my 95 honda civic is getting ready to hit the 300,000 mile marker and its still on the origional clutch etc. oil changes 2 timing belts brakes,exhaust, are all ive had to deal with thankfully. Ill buy what i belive to be quality over buying something american made, id rather buy american made but it means putting up with higher maintanence costs . if they want my money they need to step up to the plate and build them better. my GF's 2003 ford focus has gone through 2 transmission 2 alternators a bad fuel pump and it hardly has over 80,000 miles on it.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:26 PM
cxr
2nd Gear Member

starfury... dont enjoy your raise now at 24.. up your retirement saving.

jamison.... does it really matter if one buys honda, toyota nowadays versus chevy, ford. All the products are made in china anyway. amricans are losign jobs and this 600.00 is like welfare.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:28 PM
baxsom
2nd Gear Member

i know you had to report the 300 that they gave everyone back in 2001
Old 05-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Jamison
1st Gear Member

very true... keep in mind our government is also borrowing the money from china to give us that $600. its funny because china is a comunist nation and yet they will own this country by the use of capitalism. IE making products cheaper, with less labor cost and no unions.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For all those paranoid about the Economic Stimulus money...