Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

For all those paranoid about the Economic Stimulus money...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

Default For all those paranoid about the Economic Stimulus money...

I got a letter in the mail from the IRS today concerning my $600 economic stimulus payment. One of the first things it says is, "you will not be required to report the amount of your stimulus payment as taxable income on your 2008 federal income tax return."

So ha! :P Stop crying "government conspiracy" and help out the economy by spending the money.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Hot70Mach1
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: For all those paranoid about the Economic Stimulus money...

thanks for that correction.

also the fact that the government is giving us money to put into the economy is actually the best way to combat a recession,

to combat a recession the government has to increase government spend on things like public works or military spending. but in todays government where we are seeing huge deficits giving money to the people to spend will greatly help because these purchases will incur taxes for state and local government. helping fun our local economies.

intheory it should work out wonderfully as long as the people spend. the issue the situation faces now is that the marginal propensity to consume is at a record low which means people are spending less and saving more.

saving does not help using the effect money multiplier effect. the only thing it does is allow banks to increase excess reserves and allow for more lending and investment.

but if people arent willing to spend then theres no reason for investment or lending.

BE GREED AMERICANS.

and make sure you buy American. thats a big deal.

all apple computers are built in japan so american dosent see GDP increase.

dodge rams are built in mexico. so we dont see a GDP increase.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:02 PM
cxr
2nd Gear Member

intheory it should work out wonderfully as long as the people spend. the issue the situation faces now is that the marginal propensity to consume is at a record low which means people are spending less and saving more.

HA.... not people in the middle of mustang rebuilds!!!!!!

but all that money goes to Taiwan.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:22 PM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hot70Mach1

Actually, as far as I know,all of the end profit still ends up here (which is better than before, when it ended up in Germany with Daimler), but only the profit. We don't buy the actual trucks from Mexico, we just source outparts and labor. All of the money that gets spent onthat outsourcing is lost to us since none of that money is getting pumped back into our economy to get rolled into the money multiplier.

Then again, that assumesChrysler makes a profit this year=/

All That said, Ford builds cars down there too. I know Focuses (Foci?) are built down there.

And CXR, I'd much rather spend money on sheet metal from the US. OE Ford tooling is going to be a minimum requirement for me when I get around to body work. I doubt I'm going to be able to find, let alone afford, NOS body panels. I may look to Dynacorn as an alternative, though. I've heard their stuff is top notch.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Lets face it. $600 is not enough to buy a car. I think that is out of the question.

You can however, buy things like quarter panels. NPD is particularly good about saying what sheet metal is made in America. I support the idea entirely of people spending their money on AMERICAN made goods...

As far as $600 goes, I think the government hs the right idea. I just don't think $600 is enough. Dont get me wrongl. thats not me saying i want 10k and then ill be happy. I think this is the reight idea, but $600 isnt much, considering the state of things. I filled upo my truck today for $4.09 a gallon... regular 87.... this is getting out of control.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... if people keep buyng hondas and toyotas, this economy will continue to fail. Aside from a home, a car is you next biggest purchase, in most instances. Even a used one. The parts are licensed to that company, and chances are good you'll take it to that make's dealership for service...

my $.02
Old 05-13-2008, 06:41 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

I dont get any...grrrr[:@]

I was going to use to to help out my tuition..Or Magnum wheels, whatever I find more important
Old 05-13-2008, 06:46 PM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

The idea behind $600 is that the money gets spent and respent continuously, part of the money multiplier. As long as people spend the money, that $600 per personshould roll over something like 10 times in the course of a year, meaning that after a year it's like adding 10 times that amount to the GDP. Granted, not everyone's going to spend it all, but the multiplied amount is still significantly more than what was originally distributed to the public. It worked in 2000, and as long as people start spending money (on American products/services) it may just prevent a recession. Granted, we technically aren't in danger of a textbook recession for another couple quarters, but you get the point.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:55 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

ive decided to buy another gun my gun i got is quite heavy, this one will lend itself better to daily carry "The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave. . . . He who thinks he is his own master, and has anything he may call his own, ought to have arms to defend himself and what he possesses, or else he lives precariously and at discretion" unknown by me? http://www.shootersjax.com/p-2102-m-...ol-40-s-w.aspx and best of all its american made so it will stay in the country to further stimulate the economy

Old 05-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Hot70Mach1
2nd Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: Starfury

ORIGINAL: Hot70Mach1

Actually, as far as I know,all of the end profit still ends up here (which is better than before, when it ended up in Germany with Daimler), but only the profit. We don't buy the actual trucks from Mexico, we just source outparts and labor. All of the money that gets spent onthat outsourcing is lost to us since none of that money is getting pumped back into our economy to get rolled into the money multiplier.

[/qoute]

correct profit returns to america and money is mulitplied

BUT

GDP or Gross Domestic Product only records production of goods and services within a countries borders.

GNP or gross national product is a record of all income earned by a country(hench profit returning to america via mopar)

the BMW plant in georgia actually contributes to GDP because its produced here. although final checkable deposit profit goes back to germany.

Finally since we base our recession guidelines on GDP growth we must accept only products and services within the country borders. not just american companies.

it dosent have to be american owned! just american made!

services count too, such as restaurants and dry cleaning.

I have my AP Economics test in two days.[]

so im still not an expert. i like this convo. its keeping me sharp.

correct me if you see my errors please.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Hot70Mach1
2nd Gear Member

i dont know why my post is like that^^^^^^^^6

Quick Reply: For all those paranoid about the Economic Stimulus money...