Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

The people of this forums

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 05:47 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Default RE: The people of this forums

wow so thats how it is...lol jk..i love classic mustangs.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:48 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tony R

I wonder if it is because we have to put a fair amount of time in our car to get them running right and we dont have a turn key ride that isright off the lot. so we have a little more respect for our cars and what goes into them. It might even be the same kind of debate as in fordvs chevy.
Exactly!
Old 06-10-2008, 05:50 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

i tried so hard to get 20 pages out of my police post but it fell one short
Old 06-10-2008, 05:59 PM
67 evil eleanor
5th Gear Member

I think its pubirity.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:00 PM
66JameStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yomofoitzjay

wow so thats how it is...lol jk..i love classic mustangs.

There are exceptions, we generally like to give everyone a chance... well except those mustangII guys!!
Old 06-10-2008, 06:18 PM
ThanksDad
3rd Gear Member

I agree with Tony R. I don't have the knowledge of a lot of you guys to be able to yank my I6 and drop in a monster engine or even a nice 289. But I love my car and spend to much money on it. Because it's mine and it looks like it does because of me I think I appreciate it more.

I pass a used car lot evry night on my way home. One day last year a really nice 67 Camero appeared on the lot. It sat there for a few weeks then one Friday night it was gone. The next night there it was at the car meet. The guy had a right to be happy with his car, it was a sweet ride. I still feel better about mine.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:30 PM
zmetalmilitia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: davesanborn

Understand that 90% of Mustang owners wouldn't know an intake valve from an exhaust valve.

It's real easy to buy an '03 GT and think you're a race car driver and backyard mechanic.

I met the president of the local Mustang club a couple months ago and he asked me to meet him and the rest of the guys on a Saturday morning. He seemed like a nice enough young man... and probably is. but I just didn't fit into his "club".

Upon arrival, everyone was "working" on their cars. By working, I mean they were applying tire black onto the their sidewalls and wiping down their cars. I started to ask some detailed questions about their cars and they were absolutely clueless. One of the guys had a Roush car and I asked him where his supercharger disappeared to? He looked at me like I was from a far away planet... "What supercharger?" was his response. I had to convince him that the weird looking bracket on the front of his engine was for mounting a supercharger... then I showed him the Roush Racing serp. belt sticker mounted to his radiator support that depicted the belt routingfor the supercharger.... I still don't think he believes me. The other "Mustang guys" in his "club" were just as clueless as they stood there with their sponges.

Whatever. Generational differences I guess.

I understand that there is the other 10%. There's a local guy running 23 pounds of boost and getting over 750HP out of his twin cam 4.6. This guy knows his stuff.

Dave
That's just it, a lot of them buy the new stangs, get behind the wheel and their a badass because they drive a kick *** car. Us classic guys, most of us, have put blood, sweat, and tears into our cars to make them the way they are. We know them inside and out, from the heater box assembly to the tru-trac diff. Whether it is a stock classic or a hp monster resto-mod, they hold a certain aura (sp?)about them. We appreciate them much more because of this.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

hahaha, thats funny

i think its true that the classics guys (of any persuasion) are interested in their cars and tend to do more work on them. If not working on them, then being much more involved in what work others do for them. The classic section of this forum is brilliant at helping share experiences and information. its been a long time since ive seen anyone flamed for asking a "stupid" question.

the problem of asses is common to most automotive forums. I think its pretty simple. Forums make it anonym-***.Anyone can be tougher than Chuck Norris in the privacy of their own home. Just ask em. If you were to front most of those guys face to face,their their ***** shrink in inverse proportionto their attitude improvement[8D].
Old 06-10-2008, 07:42 PM
dirtydave289
3rd Gear Member

should of warned you about off topic[8D]
i saw a post by waffles and said "hmm..i only ever see posts from him in the classics section.."

sure enough OT jumped on you

i don't know the difference between an exhaust valve and an intake valve..but i read a lot of stuff and am learning
Old 06-10-2008, 07:48 PM
maverick75
2nd Gear Member

i agree , i just went to the street/strip section and found a guy who hollows cat's WTF who does that why not buy a good set of performance cats.

i have noticed that many are young people who were handed a brand new stang, but cant change their own oil....granted i was handed my first car(75v8 maverick) when i was 14 but everything was wrong with it and i fixed it up and still have it(i'm 19 now)...i'm swapping out the engine this weekend although i've never done it before, but i'm not scarred of doing it and i refuse to pay someone else to do it because i will end up loosing in the long run, knowledge is worth more than money in my book....

Quick Reply: The people of this forums