Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Here are some pictures of my car. It is almost done (if they ever are).

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 10:28 PM
68EFIvert
3rd Gear Member

Default Here are some pictures of my car. It is almost done (if they ever are).

I started this project 47 months ago when my daughter was just 2 months old. Most of it has been done in 1/2 of an undersized 2 car garage that has a Toyota Sequoia on the other side. Can I say cramped quarters. I hope to have the car done in the next month or so. I have a few things to fabricate like finish enclosing the trunk. I have a custome speaker box with 2 10" subs and an amp mounted on a false wall on the side of the trunk.

I have been having some problems with a head gasket sealing properly and tire rubbing issues so the motivation has been pretty low lately. Ther tire problem has been solved and the gasket issue will be by the end of the weekend (if I can get enough time from the family that is). Some of you may have seen it on another forum and if so sorry to bore you. While I redo the head gaskets I plan on touching up some of the paint under the hood and detailing the rest of the car. I also have plans on redoing the interior quarter panels. The body shop hacked them up pretty good.

Let me know what you think, good or bad.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:38 PM
67BullittCoupe
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Here are some pictures of my car. It is almost done (if they ever are).

your car is ridiculous.

I LOVE IT.

its different but still classy.

thats a cool console, did you fab your self or buy it or fab by shop?
just curious.

AS USUAL

i like the rear end on this girl the most of all the other angles.

ahaha jk i kid! i kid!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Scott H.
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Here are some pictures of my car. It is almost done (if they ever are).

Last edited by Scott H.; 01-21-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:43 PM
racin66coupe
5th Gear Member

that is one amazing mustang. very good job
Old 07-10-2008, 10:48 PM
davesanborn
3rd Gear Member

Unbelievable work Darreld.

It's all down hill from here on out. You need to get you a FB now and start all over again.

Those full length long tube headers look kinda low..... Are they the lowest point on the car? I'm not a big fan of long tubes for this very reason. They're great on a track car, but the first time you hear them scrape/clunk going over a speed bump/pot-hole you'll know what I mean.

Get that sucker finished up, don't you have some car shows to get to?

Dave
Old 07-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

Sweet ride! Love the engine bay!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:00 PM
67droptop1
2nd Gear Member

Looks great! I hope that my vert turns out half that good!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:10 PM
68EFIvert
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 67BullittCoupe

thats a cool console, did you fab your self or buy it or fab by shop?
just curious.
I made the console over a weekend and then had the upholstery shop wrap it for me. I am into it about $250 if you don't include the cost of the power window switches, gauges and shifter boot. Much better than some of the aftermarket ones IMHO.

Thanks for the compliments. At this point of the project I am starting to run a little low on energy eventhough it is practically done. I guess I fear that there will be more bugs I find and the next ones won't be quite so easy to fix.

I originally planned to do charcoal supersnake stripes and rocker stripes but when I saw it one color I thought I had a winner. I may still add them later if I feel the car needs more. I just don't want to draw to much attention to the stripe. I want people to take the whole car in when they look at it.

I was shooting for classy, sophicated but nasty and down to business when it needs to be. I think I nailed my vision. The lightbar is from a Fox Mustang and i agree it give the car much better balance than without. I just couldn't put a Shelby bar in. Everyone has one and I just wanted a different look. I have to give a thanks to Pete over at Reenmachine.com the the help with the lightbar idea.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:16 PM
JapanGT
2nd Gear Member

Awesome car!! Congrats on getting it to where it is. I can pick it up now, right....................

Jav
Old 07-10-2008, 11:19 PM
greystallion66
2nd Gear Member

gorgeous car man. 1 sweet ride. Can't wait till mine is half that nice.

Quick Reply: Here are some pictures of my car. It is almost done (if they ever are).