Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Makes Me Want to Vote

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 03:59 PM
paddy187
4th Gear Member

Hey waffles if you answer this will it get you up to 20 bucks!! and enjoy the rest of your honeymoon
Old 09-11-2008, 04:06 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

next time log off type your response and then log back on save a penny :P
Old 09-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Wait, didn't we capture dozens of al qaeda leaders in iraq, mustdoc? Including the HIGHEST RANKING AL QAEDA LEADER IN IRAQ if I remember correctly? Oh yeah, I DO. check.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/i...al-qaeda_N.htm

Maybe you have been too busy being so elitest and making sure you were smarter than everyone else to notice the REAL news going on in the world.

And someone made a comment about WMDs in Iraq. This comment always kills me. Iraq not only had mobile weapons labs, but they had ALL materials in stockpiles and hidden bunkers to CREATE wmds... consider...

If a principal goes to search a students locker that is suspected of having a Pipe Bomb in it, and when he opens it, he finds metal pipe, copper head end pieces, black powder, chlorate mixtures, match heads, fuses, and small metal shards, guess what? That child is STILL in trouble, and STILL punishable.

I don't care what any leftist bleeding heart filthy lib says. I am GLAD we went to Iraq. I am GLAD we got Saddam out of power, and I am GLAD our troops have the ***** to do what no other nation in the country would. I am GLAD our leaders, president, congress and all, have the courage to stand against the grain and finish a battle BEFORE it returns to my homeland.

**** you if you disagree. My best friends sister was a stewardess on flight 77, the flight that crashed into the Pentagon. He enlisted a month later.

Complain about Iraq, complain about al Qaeda, complain about bush.

But they haven't striked again in america for 7 years.

If the USA sat back and did nothing, you'd complain about that. Maybe john kerry wouldve been a better president. We couldve had a national debt of 15 trillion, because every month we'd send our troops somewhere, and a month later pull them out, then send them back, then send them somewhere else...

Leftists JUST want a scapegoat. They JUST want someone to blame. They want to not vote, then complain about the guy that won.

You're never happy, and never will be. Why? Because it's easy to be the one out there on a street corner bashing our leader like you could do a better job. It's hard being the one friend standing next to that man. Telling him you're there for him and you'll take the flak with him.

Why do you think so few countries stood by us in the UN?

But yeah. Vote NObama in 08. I'm curious what change he'll bring. I just hope hes always got his lucky coin with him, because the man has no idea what hes doing.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Damian13

I said I was done with this thread, and then checked in on it today. I can't resist throwing a couple thoughts out there for everyone to BBQ me over:
- Anyone aware of how paradoxical it is that a political discussion this deep is in a Mustang forum?
- Nobody is giving an inch in their arguments of why Obama and McCain suck. So they must both equally suck to biblical proportions.
- Nobody has yet to give proper credit to the Republicans for having the hottest chicks in the race. Ms. McCain, Mrs. McCain, Mrs. Palin. In my book that's the hat-trick of hotness in politics. Seriously, who would you rather look at.....Hillary or the hat-trick of hotness?? Be honest now........
- People that want recognition for the academic accomplishments have little self confidence. Unless I'm mistaken when one enters an academic program they do not intend to flunk out, and academic programs are attended by choice. Therefore you accomplished what you set out to accomplish. So, in it's simplest form why all the self adulation for completing what you started? The only thing that academic accomplishment represents is a different skill set than others. I work with many PhD's in my line of work. It's amazing how intelligent they are but they have zero common sense. But that's only my line of work.
- Americans have short memories. People talk about the last 7.5 years of B.S. they've had to endure with Bush. The first 4 couldn't have been that bad because he was re-elected. This is also the same guy who had an 80% approval rate in the months after 9/11. So, is Bush that bad or does him being bad support the argument now?
- This is also the same president that everyone was thankful for - the alternative in dealing with 9/11 could have been Gore.
- Politics and religion are hopeless debates.

Let the BBQ begin!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Politics and religion are not hopeless debates.. I have swayed several peoples opinions on both... but I needn't with you, I agree with most of what you say.

Look, let this represent my academic accomplishments.

From 4th Grade till I graduated High School, i could have failed every grade. I aced EVERY TEST and EVERY QUIZ but one, in a 8 year period. Literally aced.
From 6th Grade till I graduated I did a grand total of 14 homework assignments. 6 years, 14 homework assignments.
If I didn't do so well on tests, quizzes, projects, speeches, presentations I would have failed. I literally refused to do any homework. I had better things to do with my time, and didn't really care for school.
I went to a community college for 2 years and dropped out. Thought it was a joke, and a waste of my time.
I am presently in a school for microsoft certifications. I sit there for 8 hours a day and have someone "teach" me things that I know more about than they do.

Academic Accomplishments? I have next to none. But you know what? I'm well respected regardless, because without a degree, without a phd, without any sort of proof of anything I have accomplished asside from a high school diploma, I have always done my best to help others. Whether it be sitting there with my wife while she takes an online test to help her in any way I can, to moving someone into their house, to using my truck to pull a stranger out of a snow bank on a january morning at 4 am, I do my best for my fellow man.

And all of this without a degree. a Degree only says youre trainable. It does not show you know anything. It shows you can be coersed, challenged, and forced to memorized. It shows you can sit and pretend to pay attention for a couple hours and hear, but not necessarily LISTEN.

But I have the respect of my peers. So what has your education really gotten you? If you use it wisely, you won't need to brag about it. I have nothing to brag about, so I don't. But I am proud of what I have done, and will continue to live how I do.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Damian13

I think that you and I probably think a lot alike Waffles. In my experience, typically, the people with the greatest accomplishments are those who don't like to talk about themselves. What a person can do in the classroom is no indication of what they will do in the real world. You said that well.

Now a piece of advice for you from an old married guy.......shut off the computer and go get freaky with your new wife......
Old 09-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Fordication
2nd Gear Member

Goddamn it. I just spent $13 to type that.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Fordication
2nd Gear Member

I respect you waffles but not in the morning.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Damian13

Yeah, my new goal is to take this thread to a whole new low. It's gotten way to serious for what started out as a picture of a hot chick by a mustang. When the terrible photo shop picture of the amazon woman by the toy car was posted i thought we might have something good developing - after all we were probably one or two leaps away from topless chicks on hoods of mustangs.....then i messed it up by starting a waste of time argument with the mustang doctor. anyway, i've revised my goals in life.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Fordication
2nd Gear Member

Waffles has a new wife? Holy cow? I did not mean anything by that btw. Not that your wife is a cow or anything, maybe a sheep but not a cow. Have you been having a ******* good time?

Quick Reply: Makes Me Want to Vote