Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Makes Me Want to Vote

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Celtic37
3rd Gear Member

Just watched McCain's RNC Speech, he dominated. Oh and the favorite campaign bumper sticker I have seen says NObama, I know its simple but it was awesome. McCain/Palin all the way
Old 09-05-2008, 08:12 AM
67 evil eleanor
5th Gear Member

If "Mustang" is to Palin, then "Woodie" is to McCain. "Screwed in 08", more than likely. It seems the American people (whats left of us) lack the wisdom to change out the BIGGEST problem, the "congross" and "sinite", where most of the problem lies (they do). I think their approval rate is currently less than 10% (what a bunch of duds), however, they still think they are doing a great job, they just keep giving themselfs raises. I hope someday we will wake up and rid ourselfs of this bunch of "self serve" empty suites. Also, I think that the Republiarns need to swap their picks. I would vote "Palin" for president in a NY minute. Her hubby also would make a great VP. Thank goodness that "Sillary" is out of it, otherwise we would have to send "Probing Bill" another box of fresh cigars.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:31 AM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 67 evil eleanor
If "Mustang" is to Palin, then "Woodie" is to McCain. "Screwed in 08", more than likely. It seems the American people (whats left of us) lack the wisdom to change out the BIGGEST problem, the "congross" and "sinite", where most of the problem lies (they do). I think their approval rate is currently less than 10% (what a bunch of duds), however, they still think they are doing a great job, they just keep giving themselfs raises. I hope someday we will wake up and rid ourselfs of this bunch of "self serve" empty suites. Also, I think that the Republiarns need to swap their picks. I would vote "Palin" for president in a NY minute. Her hubby also would make a great VP. Thank goodness that "Sillary" is out of it, otherwise we would have to send "Probing Bill" another box of fresh cigars.
Amen to that one.

I have been saying for a long time now what we need are term limits in congress....that would clean up a lot in a big hurry and put a stop to pandering to special interest groups just to get re-elected. But the problem is that it is congress that would have to pass the term limits.

Do you really think folks like Kennedy who have been there since before I was born are really going to give up the gravy train and vote themselves out of a job? How would he pay for his booze?
Old 09-05-2008, 05:11 PM
flyingfool
3rd Gear Member

personally, i find it extremely disturturbing (and ironnic, cuz all you guys are saying shes a hot libraryian) that she tried to ban books from a public library. thats the kinda stuff they did in the whole **** - communist stuff!
Old 09-05-2008, 05:29 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

celtic i guess you like my sig?
Old 09-05-2008, 10:51 PM
photocliff
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fordication
What is wrong with you guys. This is a car forum and we are here to discuss mustangs. Please try to keep your eyes and comments above the waistline.
That photo is definately fake. You can't tell me she can look that way after 5 kids and at 44 yeas old. That would be every 16 year old boys MILF dream girl. Heck, she would be my dream girl oolala! Although, that does look good!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:22 PM
mustdoc
2nd Gear Member

3 questions:

1. I have read that Cindy McCain's wardrobe for her speech at the convention cost over $300,000 - is this true? Can anyone provide hard and fast evidence supporting or disavowing this claim. I'm not interested in opinions or guesses, I want to know accurate facts.

2. I have also read that Gov. Palin,is under investigation for illegally firing a man, the former head of Anchorage Police Dept., for not firing her ex-brother-in-law, an Alaskan state trooper. I have also listened to the tape where one of her deputies is pressuring a member of the State Police to fire her ex-brother-in-law (which is illegal). The question is: Who is conducting the investigation into this matter? The state of Alaska or Federal government?

3. How come the McCain campaign keeps mentioning that her husband is a proud member of the Steel Workers Union when McCain has a HORRIFIC Union voting record and the Steel Worker's Union President has asked McCain to quit using Palin's husband as a tacit endorsement from Steel Workers? I have family members who are hard-working middle class union workers and this offends them!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:54 PM
66JameStang
4th Gear Member

Answers
1. Cindy McCains outfit is said to run $300,000.00, she is a rich woman and dresses accordingly. She was wearing diamonds such as earrings and wedding ring that are said to account for most of this cost, if it is in fact true. My response so what if she wears expensive clothes talk about putting money back into the economy one outfit at a time.

2. The part of the story you don't hear about is that the officer that was fired tasered his 11 year old son, and drove the cop car drunk... if tasering his son wasn't enough reason to be canned...

3. It is good for a campaign to have involvements and ties to the people. This shows that they are not in the dark on issues... The president and vice president are a package deal and them stating they have a tie to the union is not a bad thing, and if the union workers are hurt over something so small... tough the are crying for nothing... Would you rather have people enclosed in a bubble with little or no real world ties?

I hope this answers your questions, I was not trying to be rude this is how I feel with what is true built in.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:55 PM
65rangoon
3rd Gear Member

to answer #3, many many people will forget or not realize that mccain is horrible when it comes to unions all due to her husband being a union member.

#2 im not sure who is handling the investigation but yea she doesnt have the cleanest record for her 1 term

#1 idk but holy hell
Old 09-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Celtic37
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rmodel65
celtic i guess you like my sig?
I LOVE it!!!

Quick Reply: Makes Me Want to Vote