Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

restomod

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 03:46 PM
cxr
2nd Gear Member

Default restomod

im scared of taking our stang to a local classic car show in the park or a car club monthly meeting type of deal.
because it is sort of a restomod... and scared of what people are going to say. it appears from comments from pics we show mustang enthusiast that some have negative comments to say because its a coupe, because of the color we chose and the rims that are on it.

how do you guys handle these comments... i know it was my car and my $$$ that went into the build i jsut dont want my wifes feeling hurt or for someone to put her down because we did not go stock original or its not a collector, rare or vert.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:55 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

who cares, tell them you built it like you wanted it. they only made million of coupes so 1 less stock will not anger the mustang gods
Old 09-08-2008, 04:51 PM
kalli
6th Gear Member

i would not be afraid going anywhere with that beauty of yours. i know that your concern is that people would hurt your wifes feeling about it, but guess that probably is impossible since she knows how much time you spent it building it just for her. put it that way, if you put in stronger brakes the reason is you want her to be safe on the road. how can that be wrong?
I don't know how your wife is feeling about it, but my girlfriend would kill me if I'd sell mine for a different one. rare or not. Only for the reason we picked it together.

i think rmodel nailed it: who cares?
Old 09-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Joe67
Banned

Some people will not like it but who cares what they think
some people may fall in love with it, its your car i doesn't matter what people think

also that is the point of getting a classic, so you can express yourself freely
Old 09-08-2008, 04:59 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

You built the car how you wanted it to be. Just ignore the people that say negative things.

It is your car and not theirs, so it doesn't matter if they don't like it since it is your car and you like it the way it is.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:23 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

some people dont like that i cut up a fastback oh well :P
Old 09-08-2008, 06:55 PM
tomnardozza
1st Gear Member

your key words are "LOCAL classic car show".....noone is a pro mustang judge, it's not Hershey or Carlisle.....take it to the show and have fun. If anyone says anything, ask 'em what they're driving!!! (unless you know they have a bad *** car!!!)
Old 09-08-2008, 07:55 PM
ThanksDad
3rd Gear Member

I've been to Carlisle the last three years and your car would do just fine there. I see some mods I like and very few I don't. What I think doesn't matter and if someones talks crap about your car to your face they are just plain ignorant. It's your car, fix it as you like, show it and enjoy it.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:04 PM
cxr
2nd Gear Member

Thanks... i was just a little worried. had to goto an appliance shop yesterday to pickup a piece for the fridge and this mustang enthusiast guy (he had mustang stuff all over the place, so we tried to start a conversation)that owned the place ... seemed kinda stuckup when my wife was trying to show him the pics, he seemed unimpressed that it was a coupe and started talking about his 70 MACH1 .
Old 09-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Celtic37
3rd Gear Member

I think he is just kinda jealous of your Badass ride, as I know I am. Anyone says anything, you and your wife shouldn't care. The ride is yours, not theirs. Tell them if they don't like it to go buy their own and make it how they want it. I personally Love it

Quick Reply: restomod