Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Side exhaust exit Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 11:20 AM
MonsterBilly
4th Gear Member

Default Side exhaust exit Help

I bought a Pypes kit. However i want it to exit out the side in front of the rear tires. On my 66 the correct spot to place the mufflers puts them too far back to exit the sides.

Does anyone here hae there exhaust exiting where i want to put mine. If so can i get a photo?

I saw it on a 66 gt350 and it looked sweet.

Also, how about putting the x pipe after the mufflers. will that affect the performance or sound.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:51 AM
eZ
5th Gear Member

Here is a picture of how i ran mine. mufflers are two chamber flow master. x pipe after the mufflers makes no sense.
Attached Thumbnails Side exhaust exit Help-libby-001.jpg  
Old 09-15-2008, 07:11 PM
MonsterBilly
4th Gear Member

Default i see that the input and exit is on the same side.

I dont think that there is a way that i can get away with making what i have work. i guess i will need to new mufflers
Old 09-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

I had a different set up.I'll get a pic of the mufflers.Its a rear exit with a "S" that exits in front of the wheel.

I just passed through your town yesterday was up in Safford
Old 09-15-2008, 10:18 PM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

You'll need a glasspack or short muffler. Look at the Dynatech or Flowmaster Outlaw on Summit.
Attached Thumbnails Side exhaust exit Help-mustang-1-004.jpg   Side exhaust exit Help-mustang-1-003.jpg  
Old 09-16-2008, 06:21 PM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

I have a brand new JBA side exhaust kit that is for 65+mustangs new in box. Bought it intending to use on my 2006&found out not enough ground clearance due to being lowered anyways paid $290+shipping asking $200+shipping here's a picture of the kit out of the box
[img][/img]
JBA's website for the kit>http://www.jbaheaders.com/feature_pa...mustangnew.asp

JBA part number is 50-2652 listed as fitting all mustang gt 64.5-70, if your interested PM me as this kit is just gathering dust in my garage oh yah my name is Ben and the kit is in Norcross Georgia
Old 09-16-2008, 11:29 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

i wish i had some cash to buy it

im in ga too, you ever heard of georgiacarry.org 4literv6? if your into guns at all you should join up($15) they are making things a lot better for us firearms owners in the state of GA, they are also have the 1st case pushing for incorporation of the 2nd amendment to apply to the state, after the DC v Heller decision
Old 09-17-2008, 12:12 AM
MonsterBilly
4th Gear Member

Default tHANKS bEN

I will keep this in mind get back to you next week. the car will be on the road by friday. I am going to take it to the muffler shop to see if they can bend up a s pipe to fit. if not Ill take your pipes.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:19 AM
MonsterBilly
4th Gear Member

Default Iskwez

Safford is about 2.5 east hours from my house. i am in Goodyear, AZ right off I-10. just south of Luke AirForce Base.

I get to Safford every other year or so. I hunt that area a lot. also all around the Indian Res. over there. (San Carlos) Never seen so much trash in the middle of the friggin desert as i have on that res.

There is some fantastic Deer hunting around Mt Graham. Thankfully most of those spotted Owls died so we can now use the land.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:02 PM
guybored
2nd Gear Member

I have side exhaust on my car I am using small muffler that is all I know about it don't know much about it heres a pic hopefully it will be some help. this is a view from the back

Quick Reply: Side exhaust exit Help