Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Martz rear chasis install

Old 10-22-2008, 11:23 AM
eZ
5th Gear Member

rmodel...hell yah. Im doing the mini tub right now. kinda pain but a lot easier with the plasma cutter

andrewmp6...the shocks are suppost to angle like that...better design for side to side load.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:28 AM
eZ
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cprstreetmachines
Haha, he means with the sparks. since you are alive, you didn't explode.
ha ha ha...nah gas tank is about 1/4 full...hey its expensive...we did however almost burn the car down. we where both laying under the car and spark got up into the rear seat. we where both laying down and my brother goes do you smell something burning? there where flames coming off the back seat...LOL
Old 11-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Slow68

eZ did you ever get more pics? I am trying to decide if I want a heidts 4-link or this martz. from what i can see the martz looks a lot more beefy and looks to be more narrow so you can go further with a mini tub. from the martz website it looks like they tied the 4 link to the integral subframe connecters which I am in the process of doing now (integral subframe connectors) although I only plan to minitub my 68 to the frame rail.
I can not find a whole lot of feedback on either one as of yet.. I have heard the install of the heidts is a lot easier but i plan on welding everything instead of bolt in.. I read another post that a martz was used and the directions where inadequat.
did they have good measurement directions and axle bracket directions for placement and angles??
Old 11-10-2008, 05:12 PM
cprstreetmachines
4th Gear Member

DO NOT GET THE HEIDTS kit !! If you do anyways, get the adjustable shocks. the kit is worthless without them.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:51 PM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

Man, that looks great. I've been thinking of doing a 4 link for the last few days. How much is the Martz? Why did you have the cut the floor out? Did it just make it that much more easier? Are you going to narrow the rear end?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:17 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

Slow68
Ill go down to the garage tonight and get some more pics. The directions were very inadequate. But its like one big math problem so i actually enjoyed the problem solving. angle finder came in very handy.

Valley firearms
The martz ran me about 1400 for the kit. had to remove my exhaust which is now going to cost me at least $500 to redo. You have to cut the floor out to provide room for the rear cross member and coilovers. Yes I am going to narrow the rear end. Im just praying that my axles will be able to be shortened or that is going to be another expense i didnt expect.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:52 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

Here are some pics. I know its no where near a professional job. This was actually my first shot at welding so go easy on the comments. You can see Im going to pick up almost 3'' on the mini tub. Need to patch the rest of the holes i have and then use some sort of sealant.
Attached Thumbnails Martz rear chasis install-img_1305.jpg   Martz rear chasis install-img_1306.jpg   Martz rear chasis install-img_1309.jpg   Martz rear chasis install-img_1313.jpg   Martz rear chasis install-img_1314.jpg  

Old 03-10-2010, 04:17 PM
dwheeler79

How do you like the ride with martz suspension? Thx
Old 03-10-2010, 09:41 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

dwheeler79... the ride can be set to however you like with the ajustable shocks. so the ride is perfect. I did it more for a better launch and fatter meats. fat tires in the back look cool. lol

Dan
Old 03-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Slow68

Since we are on this thread again I have a question about your install. I did go with a martz, but the main cross member that the 4 links tie into did not fit great. It was about .35 inches short. I had to center it, shim it, then weld it. No big deal, I imagine they build these in jigs so they are the same every time. I'm curious if they are all off or my car is.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Martz rear chasis install