Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Charlene

Old 07-12-2012, 09:11 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Looks good
Old 07-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Deviousfred
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1slow67
Looks good
Thanks man. Did you get rid of the 67?!?!? Say it ain't so! New car looks good though. I love white cars.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:51 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Sold it back in march. The white one in my sig is actually my old one. I got another about a month ago. Its also white though

Went from my 67 to a 01 auto GT to a 03 manual GT, the 01 was given to my sister to drive.

Last edited by 1slow67; 07-12-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:54 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

pics of sister??
Old 07-13-2012, 08:42 AM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Not of legal age :P
Old 07-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Deviousfred
3rd Gear Member

Got the driver side finished up

Then moved onto the strut rod support brackets. You can see why I had to swap these out

New ones

Before I pulled the old ones off I took various measurements to make sure the new one would be in the correct spot and at the correct angle.

Off with the old and on with the new. It went on surprisingly easy but me thinks because I just finished doing the torque boxes. Compared to that this was a walk in the park.

Used my measurements

Welded in place. I went a little overboard on the welding but better safe than sorry.

New one looks much better than the old mangled one. Just gotta do the other side now.

Fred
Old 07-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Deviousfred
3rd Gear Member

Finally finished up the other strut mount. No pics.

I'm hoping to move into a new house before the end of the year so I want to get this car rolling so that I can bring it home when that happens and be able to work on it at home. Putting the suspension back on now that the front end sheet metal work is about done.

Waiting on strut rod and brake parts.

Also remembered I had this trunk divider that needed to be fitted. Trimmed a bit to get a good flat fit.

Before

During

After. Fitted actually. Will come back off for paint.

Fred
Old 07-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Deviousfred
3rd Gear Member

Got the rest of the front end put together. I had to make a 3/16" shim for the steering box. I filled the notch I had previously made in the frame to clear the box, that never settled very well for me. With the shim in place the box went on great.

Dropped the housing back in place to check for brake caliper clearance. In this orientation, which is what North Racecar recommends, I was not completely happy with the clearance between the caliper and the bumpstop.

I flipped the left and right brackets and calipers which resulted in much better clearance. I did have to lose the rear sway bar.

Ordered Street or Track strut rods,and debating on going with the stock 28 spline axles or upgrading to 31 spline Moser axles.

Fred
Old 08-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Deviousfred
3rd Gear Member

Strut rods came in and bolted them up. Pretty easy install.

At the lower arm

At the frame

Rear axles should have new bearing on them this week thanks to TommyZ. Dropped off the center section at Car Parts Machine Shop to have it jet washed. Picked it up today, 40+ years worth of grit and grime gone. Should be ordering a rebuild kit for the Trac Lock and center section itself in about three weeks, then the rear end can start going together.

Back to work in about two weeks so it seems the progress for this year is coming to an end. Really sucks that the car is 45 minutes away from home.

Fred
Old 08-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Deviousfred
3rd Gear Member

Tommyzee got new axle bearings pressed on with the new brake brackets so I was able to get the rear brakes mocked up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Charlene