Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 12:54 PM
angelsmith00
1st Gear Member

Default RE: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I had a quesion to further this... Are N.IB. prts really guranteed to fit? My driver's side door was replaced before i got the car, and it doesn't hang right. Not to mention I was watching a car show and they were baisically building some old chevy from it's frame, and they had a hell of a time getting the pieces to align. Is there really any way to asure the pieces will fit?
Old 06-07-2005, 12:59 PM
1970 mach1
2nd Gear Member

New Old Stock is the usually a better fit (NOS), but some cases they still give a problem to align.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

There is one story that comes to mind Soaring and thats the car that was a beauty till the new owner had a pro look at car and found it not to be drivable because it was so unsafe.
Yeah, I remember that car. The guy had a real beauty that he could only look at.
I built a 1929 Mercedes Kit car back in the 80's and not one body part fit. I had to alter each one. This reminds me of how aftermarket parts fit our Mustangs. I don't know what new in box parts are, other than just plain old aftermarket parts. NOS parts have a much better chance of fitting because they supposed to be factory tooled parts.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:12 PM
66STANG FBACK

No need to get [:@] over this Dan66. I'm not infatuated with this vehicle, I'm just trying to get ac exact idea about this car. Since i'm new to the mustang scene, i'd figured what better place to get info about mustang then the mustang forum. My father and I have been looking for a 60's fastback for a few years now. Every fastback that i've seen has had a price tag of $5000 of more. This car is half of that, so b4 i actually purchased it i wanted to see if this car is worth the money that i'd be paying for it. i appreciate the help. thanks guys, and unless a miracle happens and this car drops drasticly in price I'm probably not gonna buy it. are there any other places where i should look to purchase a 60's fastback?
Old 06-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

You have come to the MF to get advice. We have given you the advice regading this car. What more do you need to pass up this car for purchase? If you really want to purchase this car and go through all the restoration process, then go for it. However, you will wind up with a more expensive car than you could get by buying a less rusted out car. Your choice.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Dan66
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 66STANG FBACK

No need to get [:@] over this Dan66.
Hey, I'm not "[:@]" over anything, friend. You described a complete basketcase and asked our collective opinion. And when it was overwhelmingly negative, you asked what tricky areas you should look at. My point is simply that there don't appear to be any tricky areas left on this particular car! I don't want to see a potential Mustanger get fed up with a project and walk away from the hobby in frustration. But to be quite honest - it's your money. If you're asking the advice of seasoned Mustang restorers, then don't turn you nose up at it when it's offered.

If you're really wanting a "60s fastback," you're not going to find much for under $5000. You need to be ready with about twice that much for something worthwhile. And 3 or 4 times that much for something already done. I suggest you do some research and decide on exactly what year you want. As it is, you've narrowed it down to 5. Break that down into 65/66, 67/68, and 69. Which of these body-styles really turns your crank? Then look on eBay and your local Sunday paper. They're out there - you just have to be patient. It may take months to find the right car. But in the long run, you'll be glad you didn't grab the first one you found.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:18 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

These guys have a good reputation. Check them out to see if they have a mustang of your liking. http://www.karmustang.com/
Old 06-08-2005, 11:40 AM
angelsmith00
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

These guys have a good reputation. Check them out to see if they have a mustang of your liking. http://www.karmustang.com/
Nice site... I wonder if their $199 rear suspension kit would be good to get for a car with 38 year old suspension....
Old 06-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Just about anybody's suspension kit would be better than the 38 year old one.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:36 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

There's a 65 2+2 on Ebay right now. You have 23 minutes to buy it for 13, 500.00