Well, I've got a little over 400 EV miles on the car (mostly back and forth from work). Here's my thoughts so far.
Acceleration is good -- as long as I'm on level ground and the batteries are fresh. The drive system has some trouble with hills. Nothing I can't climb, but acceleration goes south really fast when going uphill.
Performance drops off quickly as the batteries deplete. To 'protect' the batteries, the motor controller starts to limit the current I can draw once the pack voltage goes below a certain point. To accelerate normally and/or go above 40 mph, I need to draw about 80 amps. The system will let me do that for the first ~4-5 miles. After that, the controller starts limiting me to 60 amps. It stays there for a long time. Only once have I driven it to the point where it started limiting it further (I drove it about 15 miles to a place to install the convertible top; left it there for two weeks; and drove it back). For the last few miles of that trip it starting limiting me to 40 amps and I was REALLY pissing off the people behind me in traffic!
The charger doesn't seem to want to trickle charge. It charges the car just fine, but once fully charged, it won't maintain. The batteries start to deplete again -- even if I keep it plugged in.
These all seem like software issues. It might be possible for me to change the controller parameters. Of course, I need to be sure not to damage the batteries.
The restoration is going slowly due to me not having any spare time. My priorities have been to get it weather proof. When I started, only the passenger door window and the driver front vent window were installed. I've slowly gotten both door and vent windows in and working. It's surprising how little info there is available on how to fix windows! I've got two restoration manuals and the Ford Shop Manual and none of them have instructions. The Shop Manual at least has diagrams, so I've used that. Online, Avg Joe has some good videos, but their for a 67, which is similar but not quite the same.
I just got the passenger rear quarter window in yesterday and I'll work on the driver's side today. One problem -- the pass. vent window won't go all the way down -- about 1" sticks up (like a little shark fin). Has anyone else had that problem? Any fixes?
Once I've got the windows in, before I feel completely comfortable driving in the rain, there's a couple more things I need to do. I'm concerned about water getting into the engine compartment with all the high voltage in there. I installed a belly pan to protect from underneath and a shield in the grill. But there's nothing to keep water from coming in around the edge of the hood. I bought some weather strip (like you might get for around doors or windows) from Home Depot. I'm going to put that around the engine compartment edge and hope that it channels any water away.
The steering is still sloppy. Not a huge deal, but I'll have to address that at some point.
Other safety issues:
Need to install: seat belts, front blinkers, backup lights, and side mirrors.
When I fix the steering, I'll install a collapsible steering column
Of course, the next thing I'll probably work on will be the stereo.