Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 11:57 PM
eddymurfi

Default Please help

I have a 65 fastback with a 289 2 barrel carb. I recently upgraded to a edelbrock 600 cfm carb on top of an edelbrock performer manifold. im having issues figuring out the tranny linkage and foot pedal linkage the new carb and manifold. Please help with ideas.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:40 AM
groho
4th Gear Member

you can use your existing linkage but will need to pick up a piece for the carb. Go to your local auto parts store and pick up a Mr. Gasket Carb bushing/Pivot, or similar, part number 720-1512. this is a common adapter. Attach it to the carb, and you should be able to feed the existing throttle arm through this adapter. You might have to adjust your kickdown at the tranny, engaging at wide open throttle. Let me know if this works or if you need any additional input.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:48 PM
eddymurfi

Originally Posted by groho
you can use your existing linkage but will need to pick up a piece for the carb. Go to your local auto parts store and pick up a Mr. Gasket Carb bushing/Pivot, or similar, part number 720-1512. this is a common adapter. Attach it to the carb, and you should be able to feed the existing throttle arm through this adapter. You might have to adjust your kickdown at the tranny, engaging at wide open throttle. Let me know if this works or if you need any additional input.
i still have issues-- istarted with a 2 barrel carb swap to a edelbrock combo manifold and 600 cfm. Without a good pic of how the new installation goes its pretty foggy for me. I have no cables for linkage hookups fyi. i have the metal bar kickdown to the c4 cruisomatic
I cant be the first to have this issue. please help with pics and more ideas
Old 04-01-2009, 08:58 PM
EZFEED
2nd Gear Member

Is this what you are looking for?