Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.
View Poll Results: Which Retailer is your favorite?
Mustangs Unlimited
38.24%
Mustangs Plus
5.88%
CJ Pony Parts
20.59%
NPD
26.47%
Laurel Mountain Mustang
8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

What is your favorite retailer of Mustang parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 12:05 AM
royalcrown
1st Gear Member

Default What is your favorite retailer of Mustang parts

The recent thread on whether Mustangs Plus was a decent retailer has sparked my idea for this thread. I'm a fairly new mustang owner and will soon be purchasing many dollars worth of parts from an online retailer. I, like us all, would like to deal with the most reputable retailer, whether it be their available stock, quality of parts, pricing, etc. I'd like to know what is everyones favorite retailer of classic mustang parts. I think this will provide a level of comfort for us newbies who care so much about our cars and want to restore them to the best of our ability. I also think a poll like this is something that really holds retailers accountable for the service and quality of products they offer. For instance, if you're a good business, your customers will be thankful and word of mouth will help their success. If you suck, word of mouth will be your detriment. I'm sure there are other retailers that I've missed in my poll and if you'd like to include another one, let me know and i'll add it.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:54 AM
knuckless
3rd Gear Member

one you dont have up there is sacramento mustang, normally i deal with cjponyparts because they are less then 2 hours from my house so i can easily swing by there for the oversized shipping stuff. but anyway i ordered my pertronix electronic ignition from sacramento mustang and I actually ordered one for dual point distributor on accident (i have the standard single) they called me up just to double check my order and make sure that i in fact had dual points because most 68 289 dont. so basically what im saying is they have great customer service and i loved my one transaction with them
Old 04-08-2009, 01:01 AM
royalcrown
1st Gear Member

well apparently i can't edit my poll to add other retailers. in case i'm missing somthing, and in fact i can, someone feel free to let me know how.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:04 AM
royalcrown
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by knuckless
i ordered my pertronix electronic ignition from sacramento mustang and I actually ordered one for dual point distributor on accident (i have the standard single) they called me up just to double check my order and make sure that i in fact had dual points because most 68 289 dont. so basically what im saying is they have great customer service and i loved my one transaction with them
wow! that is amazing customer service!
Old 04-08-2009, 01:11 AM
knuckless
3rd Gear Member

yeah it helped me out alot because it took the whole week for the parts to ship to me since im clear across the country in new jersey, so if it was the wrong kit it would have been another 2 weeks to get the new one.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:01 AM
tx65coupe
5th Gear Member

I voted for Mustangs Unlimited. They are my favorite.

Mustangs Unlimited is good at replying to my emails and so is Mustangs Plus. CJ on the other hand is slow at replying if at all. I wonder if CJ is understaffed.

I do like Mustangs Plus because they have some parts that others do not. For example they have prebent adapter lines to allow Granada brakes to mate up to Mustang brake lines.

I have purchased alot of stuff from CJ because the had a better price or a sale. They tend to backorder stuff alot and the customer service isn't the greatest though.

Just about everything I have gotten from these Mustang shops has been a good part. Only a few were not what I expected. I have never had a problem returning anything either.

In short I don't really have a favorite place, because they all have their own pros and cons.

Last edited by tx65coupe; 04-08-2009 at 06:03 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:07 AM
REAVER117
2nd Gear Member

I like NPD, their prices have risen a bit in recent months but their customer service is outstanding. I had a fitting issue with a floor support I bought over Christmas, so I called them up. They told me to keep the support and that they would ship a new one to me (in Canada at this point) free of charge, despite the fact that I had bought the item over the counter 3 months earlier. I got the support 2 days later and I didn't have to pay a cent. I've heard many other stories like this about NPD, I guess it's not out of the ordinary. Not to mention I've heard they have the best repro panels. Plus I live about 10mins away, so shipping charges are $0.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:05 PM
ThanksDad
3rd Gear Member

Cj's free shipping is a great deal and I use them a lot. Virginia Classic Mustang is a great company. I like Pony Carbs for the little I have used them and for us 6 banger guys you can't beat the boys at Clifford Performance. Who do I hate: Maryland Mustang in Gambrills MD. Its a shame they are 10 minutes from my house and they make you feel like you are bothering them every time you walk in. In all honesty the one girl was trying to plan her wedding and honeymoon when I kept having the nerve to need parts for my car. I am soooo selfish sometimes.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:25 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Mustangs Unlimited, Classic Inlines, Autozone , American Muscle.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

I like NPd. Of course I live 25 mins from them and used to work there...

Quick Reply: What is your favorite retailer of Mustang parts