Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

I wish you mustang guys well

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 10:18 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

If you bail, they win...
F#ck that!!

And besides, who's gonna educate us on gunzz now?
Old 04-11-2009, 09:08 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

I took a break from here, and really I only came back because I am bored and I wanted to show anyone how my cars are coming along. Nobody is a car guy near where I live, so its like I live in a great white wasteland.

Rmodel isnt in that boat, he has good advice and information. You guys really need him to stay. He has a life outside the internet, and he has graciously told others how to do things the right way.

Ive been here since 2003, had two different log-ins prior to this one. There is no need to bother with the halfwits in some other sections. I rarely give tech advice online anymore, mainly because there is always some individual who has had their car for all of 6 months or a year who thinks they know it front to back. They are more vocal and they continue to pass along crap information, so I dont bother with it. People can learn by themselves rather than taking up my time typing, I would rather be building the cars I have owned and worked on for over 20 years.

Rmodel willingly gives good advice and often ignores the barely informed and their banter. I just avoid them. You guys need him here.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:22 AM
photocliff
2nd Gear Member

I'd lke to read that post in OT that seems to be the cause. How can I find it?
Old 04-12-2009, 02:33 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Originally Posted by photocliff
I'd lke to read that post in OT that seems to be the cause. How can I find it?

its more than one post, if you post a thread to start a discussion and if the mods dont agree with it(read political etc ) they lock it. and its not even against the rules its just a general lack of the ability to post freely while conforming to the rules. why be a member of a forum if you cant use it reliably? the classic section is great as are most of the tech sections.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:54 AM
photocliff
2nd Gear Member

Thanks, But you have a loyal following here and are needed by all. I only post when I have a question or if I feel I have some helpful info (a big lurker) but the information you are able to give is so valuable and not found on every street corner. It would be a shame for us to loose that and a shame that you couldn't offer it here.

Good Luck!
Old 04-12-2009, 03:42 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Do I think you should leave, No. Are you leaving because a few thimbledicked degenerates coaxed you in that direction? Methinks so. I read and I post. I read and I post. My protocal when I respond to threads is not so much to go to my prospective forum, but to go to any forum where I've read something by someone who's words hold water. I may not have always agreed with what you've had to say but I've always read your post's in their intireity and I must say that I am both surprised and intrigued that you are leaving on uneven terms. The posts in OT would be the same whether this was a car site, a marsupial site or a dating site. The content isn't of importance, it's the jumping on the others back in an effort to make a comical point. Personally, I think some of the **** I read is hillarious and it keeps me grounded as far as what the youth of the world is dealing with...If I were young and faced with a world with such direness, I'd make a joke out of damn near anything too. I don't know if you made this thread merely to get responses but believe me, I've tried the other sites to get pure car knowledge. You'll always get a **** that stays online purely to get your goat. Take solace in the fact that his/her bedroom is swinging on the stoop and their car is on the front lawn with a bank loan they can't come close to paying. If you're leaving on your own accord fine, if it was the lowerdowns then shame on you...

Last edited by Baddog; 04-12-2009 at 04:06 AM.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:02 PM
mustdoc
2nd Gear Member

RModel,

Please do not quit contributing. As you can see many value your contributions greatly.

I do not know what happened on OT. I went their once and that was enough - very few truly informed opinions on my single sample.

FWIW, I have very Libertarian leanings, too. The Republicans think I am a Democrat for bashing Bushies and the Democrats think I am a Republican for bashing Obama's Geithner, Summers and all of the Wall St criminals who keep giving our tax dollars to the Corporate oligarchy (BTW - oligarchy is a term used by MIT's Simon Johnson to describe the same folks Ron Paul calls "Corporate Fascists" and Ralph Nader calls "Corporate Dictators").

All of this aside - I and others use this forum to learn about Mustangs, not politics or finance. Take a break and then return - you are needed here!!!