Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Posts and Locations (Topics)

Old 04-24-2009, 10:42 AM
urban_cowboy
5th Gear Member

Default Posts and Locations (Topics)

So I and others understand the correct procedure, what type topics should be posted in the "Classic Mustangs Forum" and what type topics should be posted in the "Classic Mustangs General Discussion Forum"? Should a sticky of suggested posting locations be made?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Well there's technical advice, and general discussion. I'm not sure how to simplify it more than that.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:02 AM
urban_cowboy
5th Gear Member

That is what I thought, but the main site is not called "Classic Mustang Technical" and there are often technical questions posted in the general section that do not get many hits b/c of where it is.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:23 AM
straw1628
2nd Gear Member

I agree with you urban. In my case, I always get help from guys like yourself, but when I ask a question, I am probably repeating what was asked many times before. Like you said also, sometimes you dont get very many hits probably because it has been stated before, which then leads to more pain in the butt questions from people like me. I am also into vintage snowmobiles for example and on the vintagesleds site, they have a general shoot the bull section, a look at my restorations section a techinical section and a race section. Its nice, because the people who are looking at a particular section all have questions/interests in common. So I think you are on to a good idea.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Stepman
4th Gear Member

Well, thanks. I didn't really pay much attention to it until you had to bring it up.

Now...since you brought it up, where does this topic belong?
Old 04-24-2009, 11:54 AM
urban_cowboy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stepman
Well, thanks. I didn't really pay much attention to it until you had to bring it up.

Now...since you brought it up, where does this topic belong?
Exactly. I started to post this in the General Section, but it would not have gotten any attention there .

The moderators do a good job of moving things around, but it might help newbies to know what section to post technical questions in and what section to post how much is my car worth posts in. The sticky in the General Section titled "You asked for it" talks about this, but you have to really search to find that info. It is not painfully obvious like changing the title of this section to Classic Mustang Technical would.

Example:
Shouldn't the posts "Clutch Pedal" and "Power Steering Pumps" be in this forum instead of the general section? They would probably get more help if they were over here, but how do they know those should have been in this section?

Not a big deal, and I am not trying to stir the pot. Just asking a question and sort of making a suggestion.

Last edited by urban_cowboy; 04-24-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Stepman
4th Gear Member

I know what you mean. It's a good point. Just couldn't resist that though. Maybe they could just retitle things to make it simple....or fool proof.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Gun Jam

never should have split them up in the first place

-Gun
Old 04-24-2009, 04:10 PM
JamesW

- Tech questions go in the Tech section
- Non technical, but Mustang related questions go in the General Discussion Section.

- Non technical, non Mustang related questions get sent to OT or 86'd....

Not going to change the title of the section. All the sections are under the heading of Ford Mustang Tech.

As a general practice I scroll through here every couple of days and move non tech questions over to the General discussion section. I've not been moving tech questions in from the general discussion section. I should be doing that.

jw
Old 04-24-2009, 04:10 PM
JamesW

- Tech questions go in the Tech section
- Non technical, but Mustang related questions go in the General Discussion Section.

- Non technical, non Mustang related questions get sent to OT or 86'd....

Not going to change the title of the section. All the sections are under the heading of Ford Mustang Tech.

As a general practice I scroll through here every couple of days and move non tech questions over to the General discussion section. I've not been moving tech questions in from the general discussion section. I should be doing that.

jw

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Posts and Locations (Topics)