Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

I'm celebrating a full week without any water loss

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 10:20 AM
kalli
6th Gear Member

Default I'm celebrating a full week without any water loss

yipieeeeeeeee! it feels so great.
I burnt a spark plug wire on header. don't care
I have a new loud squeak. don't care

the radiator is still full of water and the oil is all in after at least 200 miles and 7 days

All other things I can fix when I get to it. But this one was the biggie ... no more changing headgaskets and crap
Old 05-13-2009, 10:35 AM
JMD
6th Gear Member

That is way cool, I have to admit that I was a little concerned (but still optimistic) after your last car show.

I was going to be bummed out if you car had suffered damage from overheating...

I mean it sucks when something like that happens here, but damn, it would really suck where parts are hard to come by and expensive...

You have made your 64 into a damn nice car!

One of the reasons I really like this board and section is because the Classic Section is filled with "get it done" people.

Talk is cheap, (yea I have done lots of talking too!), but it is nice to see PROGRESS. very cool.

Congradulations on your victory!

Last edited by JMD; 05-13-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:42 AM
kalli
6th Gear Member

Thank you I was very concerned as well. I lost a bit of water and figured that some of it was because of airpockets (just not fully bled) and me loosing water at the end of the crappy waterhoses that I have. They're nice with the spring inside, but shoving them on and getting them tight is a nightmare

And thanks a million again for helping me out with your old rear axle years ago. It won't be forgotten.

I'll have to check if I can send you a bottle of Irish or Scottish whiskey. Since you try to buy American made only you might miss out on a few things ;-)

Kalli
Old 05-13-2009, 11:11 AM
TexasAxMan
4th Gear Member

I'm glad to hear that you have it almost sorted out (been watching british TV, otherwise I would have said "figured out"). I have silently watched your progress and I agree with JMD, getting it done in Ireland has to be difficult, my hat's off to you. Good job.

Throw a little of that Luck-o-the-Irish my way would you, I'm gonna need all I can get.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:46 AM
JMD
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kalli

I'll have to check if I can send you a bottle of Irish or Scottish whiskey. Since you try to buy American made only you might miss out on a few things ;-)

Kalli
Thanks Kalli,

It is not that I am really against the rest of the world, but I have a hard time accepting a world where EVERYTHING is "Made in China"....

Already virtually all consumer electronic items are made offshore, this time next year America will have ONE domestic automaker.... (Congrats Ford!)

If it makes any difference, I am OFTEN satisfied with NOT Made in China.... And very, very, often I will pay more for this, whether the country of origin is in Europe, Mexico, Canada, Japan, etc.

No single drop of rain causes the flood.... I try to not make so many drops. Probably in vain, (I could not save GM). But that is the way it goes, at least when everything sucks even more, I will be able to say I did all I could ressonably do... I try to "put my money where my mouth is")

If it maks any difference, when I can no longer buy an American car I will have to look to Europe... (BEFORE Asia!)
Old 05-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

Great to hear, Kalli Glad things are working out for you.