Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Well I broke in the EVM 3 link today....

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 06:22 PM
dodgestang
5th Gear Member

Default Well I broke in the EVM 3 link today....

and the car runs just as good (if not better) in the 1/4 than it did with the 5 leaf and under riders

Fullsize: http://www.dodgestang.com/cgi-bin/pr...ips5302009.jpg
Old 05-30-2009, 09:43 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

Once you get it tuned and dialed in, the 60's should get a bit better. 3 links can put power to the rear just like a 4 link(it depends on how much adjustability you have though). I bet it rides and handles a lot better too.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:03 PM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Its too bad the company went under there 3 link looked good.You done any corner carving with it yet?
Old 05-30-2009, 10:28 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

Yeah, EVM and Crane both are gone, totally sucks since they both made good, affordable products.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:52 AM
dodgestang
5th Gear Member

It rides and handles good. I had to raise the rear height to fit my 275s because of how low I had it set with my 255s. I also turned the dial on the shocks 2 clicks tighter thinking I might need a firmer spring for starts. Next time I am at the drags I am going to soften the shocks back to where I normally run them on the street.

As for turning....I am going out to Omaha and running a road course there for a couple hours as part of an open track event in a couple weeks that I am looking forward to attending.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:24 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

How much adjustment does the EVM setup have on the upper and lower links?
Old 05-31-2009, 05:27 PM
Deviousfred
3rd Gear Member

Man that second timeslip looked like a good race. You were reeling him in right at the end.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:10 PM
dodgestang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 67mustang302
How much adjustment does the EVM setup have on the upper and lower links?
Not sure I know how to answer your question

There is 3 positions for the lower link and the position you use depends on the ride height (I think) you want to be at so I am at the lowest setting.

Once you set the lower links the upper link since it is a 3 link has a few inches of adjustment to get the pinion angle where you want it. Then you can tweak the ride height within the macro settings using the adjustable shocks. You can also very easily move the rear side to side (if you aren't quite centered like I was) because of the way the 3 link and the watts work together.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:53 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

The link placement for the lower links will also affect the instant center like changing position on a 4 link, depending on the trailing arm angle and how it's adjusted with ride height. Changing the length of either the upper or lower links will also have an effect on the arcs they travel in and how that affects instant center as well, in addition to pinion angle etc. 3 links are freakin awesome, they're like a 4 link but without the binding issues because of only 1 upper link.

When I have the money I'm sticking a 3 link setup in, possibly the TCP pushrod rear setup.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:02 PM
dodgestang
5th Gear Member

LOL...you got me there. I wanted a simple solution to get better performance cornering. I put in the watts and was really happy with it so I figured...what the heck...and bought the 3 link too. When I took out the old suspension I found out I had sheared the pin on the driver side leaf pack and blow out the bushing in the under rider bar at some point.

I installed the thing according to the directions for the right height I wanted and drive it around.

The fact that I was able to actually better my drag performance using it is icing as far as I am concerned. I added a lot of weight to the back of the car and thought for sure I was going to slow down

I'm all about setting it and forgetting it. The fact that I had to raise the height a little bit from my initial setting is a little disappointing, but I plan on putting the 255s back on and if the car looks good as it sits will keep the ride height where it is so I can have quick and easy tire changes.

Quick Reply: Well I broke in the EVM 3 link today....