Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Examination questions....

Old 06-11-2009, 11:27 PM
mustangsrule516

Alright now i'm getting irritated, IT WAS A FLIPPIN' (TO PREVENT CUSSING) QUESTION! THAT'S ALL! If you guys don't want to help, then so be it, that is your choice, but there is nothing I did wrong, I asked a question ON A FORUM (thats what forums are for last time I checked), and granted it had more detail, but still, think about it like this, you dont want someone who hasn't passed the DMV test driving on the roads, right? What is the point of that test? To make sure that they (the person taking the test) can carry the responsibilities of driving right? Well same sort of thing here, taking this exam (for those that want to come over to my house and help) will allow me to see (at least a little) wether they are a good candidate to help BEFORE they start helping. I hope this clears confusion (because it seems like there is some).

Not one place on the first post I made under this thread did it say "I NEED SOMEONE TO REPLY ASAP," did it, correct me with that if i'm wrong, but I dont believe I am. This is a forum, if you dont want to reply or take some sort of offense to it, IGNORE IT, it's as simple as that, I appreciate all the suggestions, but really you are fighting when all I did was ask a question and I wanted an answer, not a bunch of commentary not related to the question.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-12-2009, 12:11 AM
JMD
6th Gear Member

I see whet the OP is trying to acomplish.... but,,,, the fact of the matter is that MOST EVERY car person worth their salt WILL NOT take any car owners examination in order to work on a friends OR a even a PAYING customers car... Car people are not "those kind" of people...

So, I say make up one hell of a good test, if the "mechanic" actually takes the test, then you can be pretty sure that you do not want this person to work on your car....

A "test" like that may sound good on paper, (to some folks), but the reality of the situation is that the only way to REALLY INSURE good quality work on your car is to learn for yourself what is right and what is not right.

(SIDE NOTE: I have found that most of the time, the only way I can afford to do things the way "I want" is to do it myself... )

Unfortunately, most anything worthwhile requires hard work and knowledge, or lots of money... When old cars are involved, there is no "quick fix"...

1. DO
2. Make Mistakes
3. Learn
4. Do Over
5. Repeat
Old 06-12-2009, 12:19 AM
ThongsareSweet
1st Gear Member

haha no offence but your not gonna get any help from anyone with a pig headed attitude. Like stated before these forums are full of great material but more then anything are a priviledge and to start off demanding qualifications to help you with your restoration your not going to get any help. I would say more then 90% of the members will give you a straight forward anwser right away or to the best of their knowledge but to throw a very vague "pre-restoration" test in their face is just ignorent.
Like stated before I think you have lost all your reputation already and I think you should go elsewhere to find what your looking for.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:48 AM
1sweet65stang
2nd Gear Member

ya haha....hes right anything i see from you is a joke....sounds like they need to make a test to get into the forum site.....

Question 1:
Will you not trust anyone in the forums
A. yes
B. no

Question 2:
Will you try your hardest 2 **** everyone off in the forum
A.yes
B. no

in this case ud get a 0% pal
Old 06-12-2009, 08:47 AM
TexasAxMan
4th Gear Member

Equating it to a driving test is ridiculous, driving is a privilege, helping you work on your car is work. Get over yourself.

I agree, if you expect to get anywhere on this forum you should change your screenname.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:15 AM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

I have honestly really never understood this thread from the word go.

Seriously, do you really have a line of folks wanting to work on the Mustang? I find it hard at times to get folks to help because most people are busy with their own lives.

I don't let anyone touch my Mustang with the exception of I have a buddy that runs a restoration shop and I get him to do things for me from time to time when there is something above my technical level or once or twice just because I frankly was in a hurry and didn't have the time. But I am hardly going to just grab some random person that I don't know off the street and let them tinker with my Mustang completely unsupervised.

If I were going to even let someone help me work on the car because they were interested in helping I would probably know them well enough to already have a pretty good idea of their level of knowledge and wouldn't need to give them a "quiz"

Again, the original post onward has me really confused....
Old 06-12-2009, 10:07 AM
ThanksDad
3rd Gear Member

My Dad and Brother In Law have helped me a lot with electrical problems because they have a clue and I don't. I wouldn't know what questions to ask them before they started helping.

The umptenth time I had my dash out trying to fix my gauges my Dad crossed two wires and it sparked like hell. Smelled real bad and scared the hell out of us. I guess he would have failed the "test" after that. But since he's my Dad and he gave me the car I continue to let him help me.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:30 PM
mustangsrule516

JMD, will you please help me explain it???.... I am getting really annoyed from this, I think I will just find a new forum, or JUST USE MINE!

thanks

(that thanks goes to everyone who hasn't given absurd replies to a F**king question!!!!!!!!!)

ThanksDad, I didn't "start off on the wrong foot" to use your term.... This was one of my few threads I started.

For those of you who gave absurd replies, NO WHERE DID ANYONE SAY YOU HAD TO REPLY, SO THOSE REPLIES WERE NOT ONLY 100% unnecessary, unneeded, and not appropriate, but there was no point because you could have ignored it, but instead you choose to reply, no body made you.

Okay?
Old 06-14-2009, 01:30 AM
1sweet65stang
2nd Gear Member

were just trying to teach u the norms you're oblivious from....also...if u say this is 1 of the few threads u started and u have 15 total posts....well thats around 10 posts before this thread...so u posted on 4 or 5 other threads???...i dont understang is this to quiz people on this forum or people at a automotive shop u wanna take it to...or for some1 that wants to help u out with the car at ur house for instance...regaurdless ur going to **** the person off but jwn...
Old 06-14-2009, 08:39 AM
Flash70
2nd Gear Member

Best thing to do is to buy some books. Research the topic your trying to do first () then if you do not understand something or have a question post it on a forum. Most people on here are extremely knowledgable and very willing to help. I am a new member and I love this forum already, SAVED me HOURS upon HOURS of reading and research in the few posts I have made. Best of luck to you

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Examination questions....