Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

What does this mean?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Markstang1969
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What does this mean?

ORIGINAL: StangManiac

its not scratches. i started to sand it all, until i noticed that. someone made it into the body.
OK now I can see a horse shape. Has the car ever been wrecked or repainted to your knowledge? You are right, that is in a rather hidden place. The fender had to be off.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:23 PM
StangManiac

i cant get good pics in the garage with the camera on the cell, i have to pull it out. i did notice tho, that whoever put the S there, put a thin layer of bondo in that small area, and etched the S in..but i tryed to see of that horse head was made with bondo, and its not. someone must have pressed it/etched it into the metal. its just weird.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:28 PM
StangManiac

ORIGINAL: Markstang1969

ORIGINAL: StangManiac

its not scratches. i started to sand it all, until i noticed that. someone made it into the body.
OK now I can see a horse shape. Has the car ever been wrecked or repainted to your knowledge? You are right, that is in a rather hidden place. The fender had to be off.
the guy we bought the car, really didnt keep it so great. he rigged alot of stuff on the car, and did a terrible paint job, painted right over orig paint. the deeper i go into the car, i find more stuff. but its 40 y/o, so who knows where or who has had it. the only place it was wrecked, was the back bumper got pushed into the passenger side quartel panel, but that was fixed. there a little bondo here and there but it not a big deal.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:50 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Looks like a tadpole to me. Now, don't youy have something better to do with your time, like chase women or drink some suds on this Friday night?
Old 07-01-2005, 10:07 PM
StangManiac

o well. i dont think it matters that much, fender will cover it. id still like it to be smooth all around, but heh.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Making stuff smooth equals sandpaper and elbow grease. Have you ever looked up into the sky and seen a pony in the clouds? What did the head shrink tell you about what that pidcture showed you? Nah, just joking around. Ford didn't put anything in that area of your Mustang ingtentionally from the factory.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:31 AM
Markstang1969
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

Looks like a tadpole to me. Now, don't youy have something better to do with your time, like chase women or drink some suds on this Friday night?
At my age the women don't run that fast [&:]