Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Looking For The Right Header

Old 07-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Misterwally

Default Looking For The Right Header

I'm looking for the right headers to fit my 65 stang 5.0, Steeroids, T5 Trans Cable Clutch by Mustang Steve, Ron Morris Motor Mounts. The 5.0 is the roller cam model with trick flow heads. If anyone has something that worked well with a similar setup how about shoutin' it out!! Many thanks!!

Old 07-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Canary94GT
4th Gear Member

Dang right I'd be hiding behind a couch with a signature that big

Nice car though, sorry I don't have anything worthwhile for the topic of the thread lol
Old 07-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Misterwally

Default Had To Cut Er' Down

Yeah way too big!!! Getting the feel of the road here. I think I like it, but I'll keep the couch in front of me for awhile.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:10 PM
coolhnd9
1st Gear Member

I have everything you mention in my 68 except the steeroids and I've had luck with the Long Tube Headman 88660's. But your cars engine bay may be a bit different.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Misterwally

Default Long Tube Hedman's

One of the brands I've been considering. I do think your bay maybe a little bigger. Thanks for your reply.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:17 PM
coolhnd9
1st Gear Member

The clearance issue's I had were the McCloud Bell Housing and manual Maverick Steering setup I had. I'm now back to the original Mustang steering setup and running a Power Steering to Manual steering conversion. This will have to work till I get a R&P.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Misterwally

Default R&P

I did a bit of looking around when it came to the R&P and settled on the steeroids because of price and some folks that said they were pretty happy with it. I'm not trying to be the fastest or besthandling ride. There will always be somebody faster and quicker around the corners.

At this point I'm trying to be carefull and get my exhaust system with good fit minus a lot of headaches. Of course half the fun of this is just doing the work minus the head pain. Just being informed is half the battle.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:15 PM
JamesW

Check out the Patriot mid length headers...from what I've seen they look pretty good
Old 07-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Misterwally

Default Thanks James W,

Thanks for your input James W. I love your web site. Very nicely done all the way around. I will be completely rewireing my 65 also. Very nice job hiding the electrical. I will take a few lessons from your pro work when I do mine.

I'm still researching the headers. Just don't want to do it twice if I can avoid it. Is that a B 25 in picture with your awesome fastback?
Old 07-09-2009, 06:17 AM
JamesW

Originally Posted by Misterwally
Is that a B 25 in picture with your awesome fastback?
B-17 Flying Fortress. The Confederate Air Force Air Show/Car show was supposed to have a P-51 to do plane/car photos..but he broke down and didn't make it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking For The Right Header