Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Big O tire don't use them

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 07:58 PM
cprstreetmachines
4th Gear Member

Sounds like it's time to talk to corporate.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:41 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

They messed up they should fix it or don't pay for anything tell them see you in court they can keep your car tell they are paid tho.That is why i order my own rims and have sams club order my tires they are cheapest here.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:37 AM
Carlos Pineiro
3rd Gear Member

The few times I've gotten into a jam like this, I've threatened to write the State Attorney General and the California Department of Consumer Affairs, and it worked. I don't know what would actually happen if I wrote those letters, but I'd use that line again for sure.

CP
Old 07-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

Carlos, like I mentioned earlier, the BAR is the way to go here in CA. Their job is to regulate the auto repair industry. In a situation like this, they'd go over all of the shop's information, compare it to the customer's, and tell the shop to get their crap together. Unless the owner specifically requests something custom (and is aware of the consequences), it's the shop's responsibility to make sure everything fits and works as it should.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:35 PM
65Rocky
1st Gear Member

This is the best group of people on this Forum, I talked to the manager no help there so I talked to his boss who is to give me a call back we'll see.

The vehicle was dropped 1 inch in the front, but not in the back at all, it still has air shocks on it from when I got it, they are aired up for now so it will not rub on top anymore. rolled lip all ready.

Will new springs and gas shocks keep the little bounce out?
The car looks great!!!
65 Fastback
5.0 carb, AOD, 9in GT 3.89 locker rearend.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

You need to ditch the air shocks before you punch them into your trunk. The upper shock mount area isn't designed to take any significant portion of the vehicle's weight, and that's what you're asking it to do right now. If the rear sags, you need new leaf springs.

The problem with the wheels is that they're the wrong backspacing. Unless you told them specifically 3.75" backspacing, it's their responsibility to make sure they fit. They just don't want to take them back because they can't return them to the manufacturer anymore. But hey, that's their problem, not yours. If you have to, call corporate and raise hell. Tell them you just want wheels that fit your car, not a full refund (although I'd be tempted at this point), and that if you don't get them then you need a full refund or you'll take them to small claims court, where you'll undoubtedly win.

I used to work at Sears Auto. Been through this kind of thing enough times to know how big companies are going to handle it.