Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Flush Mount Glass Kits for Early Fastbacks, anyone?

Old 03-03-2010, 06:16 PM
65wildstang

I am also interested in this kit! I am also interested the the one piece side glass if it is offered for the 65-66 coupes. Please drop me a line when this is available. THANKS
Old 08-17-2011, 01:05 AM
Mustangscotty

Any progress on a glass kit for early Mustangs?
Old 08-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Jonk67
3rd Gear Member

He started a new thread here:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/clas...glass-kit.html

Jon
Old 08-20-2011, 11:07 PM
sixt5
2nd Gear Member

Hello, my name is Robert Jackson and i have an old mustang....

actually i AM robert jackson also haha.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Iamtheonlyreal1

Sorry for the delay guys, they are set up for production at this point. There was a body feature that the Early Mustangs have, and I was trying to work around it the best way possible, and I was trying to make them a true no mod kit.. It appears that Ford is going to be the only car that will not allow that to happen.

There are no mods for the rear glass at all, and the front windshield mod is minimal.. The upper body has a relief made into it that is sqaured, while the glass is round.. I have tried to have a weatherstrip made that would fill in the relief, but they just dont look right at all.. It appears the cleanest look is to remove the relief during body and paint, and have the rounded corner top edges.. It really looks great in that way, and will allow the full kit to be used..

Here are a few pictures of what I am talking about.. Now, you dont have to weld anything in, just some filler and finish work, so the body can always go back. I am torn about this, and feel I may just offer also offer just a back glass kit, for the guys that dont want to mod the front... The rear glasses look Awsome, and the front winshields look Awsome with the rounded corners...

Here are a couple of pics of what I am talking about.. Please keep in mind these are some template pics, and do not have the refined edges or fitment dialed in.. You can see the relief I am talking about, and it looks larger than it actually is in the pics, due to photo enlargment.. The actual fit of the glass will be like the top edge pictured..

I have also included some pics of the rear glass templated, and it is pretty well dialed in.. The rear glass is made to run with or without weaterstrip. It has a nice machined rounded edge, so all you have to do is float it in the center of the window opening, in it outer most position.. Alot of the later model cars have gone to this type of fit, and it lookes extremely clean with no sealing issues at all.. Infact, it is about the best corrosion protection situation you could have, due to the lack of moisture and dirt being held under the factory weatherstrip.

These glass templates are done, and at the factory.. I will have plenty of photo's of the install and look, I just wanted to give a heads up on the Windshield issue, so there isnt any mis-representation.. Just like my other glass kits, we do have promotional pricing for early purchase for the first stock order, so feel free to enquire about that.. I do that with all my products, and offer a considerable savings to the guys that want them first, as long as they offer pictures and feedback.

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; 09-05-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:09 AM
oxfordbp
3rd Gear Member

Just found this...OMG sweet look
Old 09-16-2012, 09:28 AM
InColor

Did anyone else order the flush mount glass for 1965 Mustang Fastback from Robert Jackson? I ordered and PAID a year ago and still nothing and he won't return calls or emails!!! Anyone else??
Old 09-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Stangatic
3rd Gear Member

Wow! I can't wait to see this on a finished mustang. The way it looks on the camaros looks awesome and may make my convertible took even better too.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Iamtheonlyreal1

Originally Posted by InColor
Did anyone else order the flush mount glass for 1965 Mustang Fastback from Robert Jackson? I ordered and PAID a year ago and still nothing and he won't return calls or emails!!! Anyone else??
We have been sending out automatic emails to the people that ordered the Heavily Discounted 1st order Mustang kits, and in these emails we explained what was going on, along with a refund option for the guys the timelines wont work for. I would assume those emails had reached you, but if they didnt, please PM me the email info, and I will keep you updated. We are not a retail store at this time, because we have catalog sources selling our products for us, so I am not in the office as much as I would like to be..
Old 09-17-2012, 09:50 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Wow. Those look clean as hell. Very nice.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Flush Mount Glass Kits for Early Fastbacks, anyone?