Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Flush Mount Glass Kits for Early Fastbacks, anyone?

Old 08-31-2009, 09:42 PM
Iamtheonlyreal1

Default Flush Mount Glass Kits for Early Fastbacks, anyone?

Hello, My name is Robert Jackson and I own Classic Auto Glass Innovations. We currently have a Flush Mount Glass Kit for the first gen Camaro/Firebird, plus several other General Motors lines coming out in months to come.

I have been approached by a few Mustang guys that have shown interest in a Early Model Mustang Fastback kit. Our General Motors kits offer a no body mod installation, and installs in a matter of a few hours. It doesnt matter if you car is currently on the show circuit or you are still building, these can be used in any stage with no mods or paint work.

These kits are REAL LAMINATED GLASS (not lexan) the kit offers an intergrated antenna in the windshield, and tinted rear glass option. The Classic Auto Glass Innovations kits come with everything necessary for the install, although we do recommend a professional installer.

Like I said, I have had some request for the early Mustang, but figured there wouldnt be much demand. The Pro-touring market seems to be strong in the General Motors vehicles, while Ford and Mopar seem to be stock.. If there would be some interest in the Mustang Product lines, please dont hesitate to send me a message or give me a call anytime.

I dont have Mustang glasses at this time, but here is what the kits look like in the Camaro... I hope not to offend by posting Camaro Pics here...Ha ha

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; 08-31-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:44 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Love the black one except for being able to see the mufflers.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:50 PM
Tony R
4th Gear Member

Nice. Are you planning to do anything for the coupes?
Old 08-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Iamtheonlyreal1

The Four Link Rear end with the Z-Bar got in the way of the stock muffler location. It kind of grew on me the more I got used to it.. That car has the Full TCI Subframe and rear suspension system, 2005 Fuel Injected LS6 and T56 6-Speed..

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; 08-31-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:56 PM
Iamtheonlyreal1

Most of the interest I recieved was from the Fastback owners, but if the interest there, I will develope for the Coupes. I guess what I am looking for is the response and interest. The development cost is high, so I would like to atleast have an idea of potential interest..

My General Motors line of products was picked up by Classic Industries. Our first line of product 1st Gen Camaro/Firebird is on the inside cover of their new Catalogs.. If there is interest in Ford owners, I will proceed with product for the Ford vehicles.. I would hate to leave anyone out, if the interest is there. So, please offer me some insight if you have any interest or would potentially be interested in other models.

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; 08-31-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:58 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by Iamtheonlyreal1
The Four Link Rear end with the Z-Bar got in the way of the stock muffler location. It kind of grew on me the more I got used to it.. That car has the Full TCI Subframe and rear suspension system, 2005 Fuel Injected LS6 and T56 6-Speed..
I bet that is a beast
Old 08-31-2009, 10:05 PM
hiboostwoody
3rd Gear Member

Since you don't have to do any body mods, I am ABSOLUTELY interested! What kind of a price are we looking at?
Old 08-31-2009, 10:14 PM
MonsterBilly
4th Gear Member

Definatly interested. If it was available last year they would already be in my coupe. Im sure that i will need a windshield in the next six months. I can only get about 4-5 months without a crack due to the trucks on the freeways here.

If it is available i would surely get one. If a package price for both could be had that would also add incentive.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:16 PM
Iamtheonlyreal1

It does OK...LOL

This car was an 18 Week build from start to winning my first Trophy for best of show. I rescued it from the Farm Pasture where it sat for about 20 years. It sat so long, we had to dig it out with shovels.

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; 08-31-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Tony R
4th Gear Member

I am in the process of flush mounting my windows on my coupe and ran into a few snags. If there was a easy way for me to do it I would surely be interested. What kind of costs are you talking about?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Flush Mount Glass Kits for Early Fastbacks, anyone?