Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Value of my car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 10:46 AM
MustangKid55

Default Value of my car?

Im highly considering getting a 1969 mustang grande sports coupe to restore. But I'm fearful of putting to much money into it, and having more money into it than the car is worth. Does anyone know what top dollar on these model is?
Old 10-08-2009, 11:16 AM
kalli
6th Gear Member

not an snwer to your question, but I haven't seen anyone who sells such a car for more than invested ... at least I never will
Old 10-08-2009, 11:22 AM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

Well heres the deal. As far as muscle/pony cars go, the Mustang sold more cars by far, so they arent exactly rare unless they are a BOSS, CJ, R, K, SCJ, or some other thing like Shelbys. A Grande is not one of those sought after cars that brings a fortune, its a car you can build you want and enjoy it. You will sink more money in it than you will probably get out of it unless you can do 99% of the work yourself, and you hang on to it for 20-30 years. Its just how it is.

If you are buying a car for the resale value, you are looking at it the wrong way. Buy a car that speaks to you, one that gets you excited just looking at it and is still a blast to drive. It isnt about having equity or anything like that, its about owning one, working on it, learning about all things mechanical, and enjoying the drive. When its all said and done its still a 40 year old car, and while the value is going up on them, the reason for it is not everyone has one or can get one. It just happens to be relatively easy to get an old Mustang because they built so freakin many of them.

Just find one and do it your way.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:25 AM
1967coupeon101
2nd Gear Member

unless your a restoration company you shouldnt worry about the how much cash you put in compared to the value of your car. you dont usually buy a classic car to worry about finances, you buy it for personal pleasure. if you're worried about money don't buy it because you'll always be putting money into it. I'd only advise buying is if its something you love and are interested in.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:25 AM
MustangKid55

yeah, its not like im looking to resell the car quickly, i want to hang on to it, i just dont want to put 20,000 dollars into a car and have it only be worth 15,000.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:31 AM
MustangKid55

My other question is, those of you who have this era of cars do you find them them that hard to drive? the one i am looking at has power steering and I'm going to ad disc brakes, but my dad makes them sounds like they are no fun to drive anymore than short distances. He says they are loud (not engine noise), they are hard to drive, and will never be perfect. And don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting to be a new car, i just love the character these cars have. Im 16, and this will be the one car i have to driver regularly, i wont drive it in rain/snow, and i will have access to my parents car, but my real question is, are they that hard to drive if they have power steering and disc brakes?
Old 10-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Smolopealpluh

Default phentermine

phentermine
<a href=http://wowcomic.stratics.com>phentermine</a>
Old 10-08-2009, 12:00 PM
JoelEsler

Worth of a car is determined by the person buying it.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:00 PM
JoelEsler

Dupe.

Last edited by JoelEsler; 10-08-2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Dupe
Old 10-08-2009, 12:03 PM
MetalEd
2nd Gear Member

If you start restoring for $$ value, you will miss the real return on your investment.

Your mustang is one car that is always in demand, the better it looks and runs, the more $$ it is worth to others. I doubt you will ever get more than or equal to what you invested in it. But it is a car that you can enjoy and if you decide to sell it, you will get a greater percentage of money return on that investment than 99% of the other regular cars out there.(not rare cars)
Drive it daily, show it, be seen in it, enjoy working on it often, share fun memories with friends met in it, then sell it for anywhere from $5-$10 grand ten years later. Something unheard of with almost an other car. Most of our cars have done it a couple times already!
An Investment that is worth it to me!

Quick Reply: Value of my car?