Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

retractable 3-point seatbelts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 07:59 PM
oldrock
2nd Gear Member

Default retractable 3-point seatbelts?

I decided the waist only belts just aren't what I want in my 69 coupe so looking for a good set of retractable 3 points. I don't really care about show correctness and more looking at good sturdy belts that don't cost a fortune. I looked at the ssnake oyl ones with the push button and they seem pretty well made. Is that about the best quality option for me? And the other question is if it is, is there any cheaper way to buy them rather than the regular company website price? Maybe a discount code or third party that sells them at a discount.

Thanks and Happy Holidays everyone!
Old 12-14-2009, 11:23 PM
photocliff
2nd Gear Member

I beleive most mustang supply houses sell them
Old 12-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

Do a search as this is a weekly topic. Most vendors carry 3-point belts now as well as other companies. Doing a search you will also find common mounting locations, pics and what others have done.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:17 AM
oldrock
2nd Gear Member

thanks guys and I wanted to use the existing mounting points on my coupe to mount them and did check to verify my mustang does have the threaded sockets for the upper mount. Just wondering if ssnake oyl is the best option from folks who actually have installed their retractables. I will do a search of the archives to see what I can dig up.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:31 AM
TheMarco
2nd Gear Member

I'm thinking of getting proper seatbelts as well. I believe a 1968 Mustang has mounting points for this already? Am I right or do I have to drill?
Old 12-15-2009, 04:47 PM
6pony6

CJ Pony Parts is offering 5 - 25% discount on most everything they have thru the 21st...plus free shipping if u order on wednesdays, im pretty sure they have a 3point seatbelt
Old 12-15-2009, 08:01 PM
65pony6cyl

You can also try these guys:

http://www.seatbeltsplus.com/mm5/mer...Store_Code=sbp
Old 12-15-2009, 11:27 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

your 69 doesn't have a shoulder strap? I thought they were standard in 69, two buckles, one shoulder strap one waist strap. If you don't have a shoulder strap there might at least be a threaded nut underneath the headliner. And if you are missing that, you can at least get pics from other 69 owners to get the proper mounting location, I would be happy to supply you some pics.

I'm interested in retractable seatbelts for my car even though I still have the shoulder straps. It's harder to check blind spots or just reach things inside the car in general with the stationary strap. Only benefit is a solid strap has less of a chance to fail in the case of a car accident...
Old 12-16-2009, 10:14 AM
oldrock
2nd Gear Member

I have the threaded socket for the shoulder strap they just removed the strap itself. All I currently have is a lap belt and I would feel safer with a 3 point so am thinking the retractable snake oyl was the way to go although seatbelts plus looks like the exact same thing and bit cheaper.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:17 AM
2+2GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheMarco
I'm thinking of getting proper seatbelts as well. I believe a 1968 Mustang has mounting points for this already? Am I right or do I have to drill?
Federal law mandated 3-point restraint beginning in 1968. If you don't have it, some fool pulled it out.

Quick Reply: retractable 3-point seatbelts?