Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

many questions about 66&#

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 10:46 PM
Jonnyyuma

Default many questions about 66&#

hello,</P>

i have some questions about the 66'.</P>

1. How do you get out the lower half of the front seats?</P>

2. Do the wheel hubs have to be attatched to the brake roters in any special way like welding?</P>

3. Do door hing rebuild kits work well? Or should i get new lower hinges for the doors?</P>

4. Should i take out the window regulator with the window up or down?</P>

that is all i can think of for now.</P>

thanks again,</P>

jonny</P>
Old 11-23-2003, 04:14 PM
vtdichard

In order to get the lower half of the fron t seats out you will need to look under the car. You will see 4 black rubber plugs that plug 4 holes. Remove the rubber plugs. The bolts that hold doen the lower seat are located under there and if I remenber correctly they are 1/2 nuts.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:36 PM
67aquafastback
2nd Gear Member

Hinge rebuild lits work fine it will take two people the doors are heavy. When you remove the window regulator the window will end up in the down position be careful they are spring loaded and will take off a finger in a flash it is best to clamp one down in a vise when messing with the spring. The window will float in the runs when removing the regulator then you will need to move the regulator off to one side to get it off the glass channel. good luck and take your time.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:28 PM
bob emmerich
2nd Gear Member

The seats come out via 4 bolts under the car in the floorpan. There are 4 rubber plugs that have to be taken out, then with a deep socket and extinsion remove the bolts. </P>

The hubs and rotor are 2 different assemblies. The hub is pressed into the rotor in a machine shop press. The easiest way is to buy rotors isWITH the hub already in place(will cost a little more, but it will offset the cost of the shop to press them off/on).</P>

I've found hinge rebuild kits to work well when done correctly. I would recommend 2 people to remove/install the door and to replace the pin/bushings on a bench off the car(watch out for the jam nuts inside the door frame on the car, they may drop or move position on you).Be careful of the spring, too.</P>

I've always taken the window out when removing regulators. It makes it easier to move it around after it's loose. Leave one side intact while you do the other so there is a template to go by when re-installing it. Use lithium grease and new rollers when re-installing so you will not have to take off the door panel for a few years.</P>
Old 12-03-2003, 04:09 PM
imakdeisgn

How have you been storing your 1966 Mustang? I'm thinking about getting a temperture controlled storage place but do think that's too much?
As far as keeping it on blocks, how effective is it?</P>

MAK</P>
Old 12-03-2003, 09:47 PM
Jonnyyuma

hello,</P>

thanks for the help bob and 67aquafastback.</P>

as for storage for my 66. it is in the garage and on blocks. but soon as i have it done i will want to show it off, so i will drive it more than i do now. temperature control is nice but i think a little much for a 66. unless it is something really special liek a 67' vette with a 427 or something like that.</P>

hope that helps.</P>
Old 12-03-2003, 11:07 PM
bigchalupa
1st Gear Member

that window regulator was a bitch to take out, most likely a 2 person job
Old 12-10-2003, 03:12 PM
First Mustang

<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=black size=2>I rebuilt the hinges on my 1965 coupe and they work fine.</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial size=2>Richard</FONT></P>