Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-03-2010, 09:56 PM   #31
Vikefan88
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nba1341 View Post
Yea thats the one I got that ones for an auto trans there is another one for a manual trans not sure what you have.

Oh and the wiring kit is just a small gauge wire you run from the starter's solenoid to your fender solenoid as the power. Then you move the orig starter cable over to the positive side post of your current solenoid.
got the new db electrical mini starter n i made my custom shield around it ... fired right up... parked n the battery was dead the next morning.. jumped it.. n got it running around the block.. parked it.. n battery dead the next day also... checked underneath with the starter.. the cables are not touching.. n i connected the original starter cable to the positive side of my original solenoid.. n the red wire it came with i connected to the other side of the solenoid.. just like the instructions... anything im doing wrong guys? the battery never died before this?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Vikefan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:01 AM   #32
Gun Jam

Send a message via ICQ to Gun Jam Send a message via AIM to Gun Jam Send a message via Yahoo to Gun Jam

time for a multi meter n a crash course on how to use it.

-Gun

Masters of Industrial Technology intelligence thats why I own guns made to drop elephants.
Gun Jam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:01 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1965, 99, car, carburetor, classic, cold, gt, hot, lag, mustang, start, starting, starts, trouble, v6, warm