Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

anyone used this disc brake conversion kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 02:49 PM
guardrail

Default anyone used this disc brake conversion kit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=370330823709&

I just bought it. As far as I can tell it's identical to the kit I was going to buy from Summit, but it includes a master cylinder and proportioning valve for $100 less.
Summit kit: SUM-BK1224

Any thoughts?
Old 04-03-2010, 01:47 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Its asking me to login to ebay whats the auction number on it?
Old 04-03-2010, 02:00 AM
longlive289s
3rd Gear Member

New 64-66 KH Mustang disc brake conversion kit Falcon
Part Brand: CSRP
Manufacturer Part Number: SWAP.1.1.3/M
Placement on Vehicle: Front
Warranty: Yes
Condition: New

Another quality disc brake conversion product from CSRP

Buy with confidence from the Manufacturer. We warranty the kit parts for one year and provide 7 days a week telephone tech service. We have worked hard to make the kit complete, so complete that it contains 2 types of thread locker, 3 types of grease. The kit contains many other parts, like slotted rotors, an adjustable pushrod, a master cylinder, residual pressure valve, premium ceramic brake pads, and correct caliper mounting shoulder bolts that are not included with other kits. It includes all the parts and hardware necessary to make the install except any hardline modifications necessary to plumb the hydraulics. All parts are new and are quality checked. The kit contents are shown in the photos below.

We are able to offer the kits at $100's less than the competitors because we manufacture the parts or buy them in huge quantities from primary sources. Other disc brake conversion manufacturers rely on dealer networks to sell their products. This adds $100's to the cost. We have thousands of happy customers.

Call us at 512-947-6718 if you wish to confirm if this kit is correct for your application. We want you to be happy with you choice and will not mislead or hard sell you. Money is not that important.

BID WITH CONFIDENCE ON THIS AUCTION FOR:

A new reproduction Ford/Kelsey Hayes (KH) type 5 lug disc brake conversion for 5 lug 65-66 Mustang and 5 lug 63-65 Falcon. The kit will fit other Ford cars as well. See our other auctions for power assisted versions of the same kit. If you need help with identifying your application, call us at 512-947-6718.

Click on http://www.discbrakeswap.com/instructions/file/2-swap1 to see the install guide

Click on http://www.discbrakeswap.com/faqs to see our "terms of sale" and warranty statements

Things to know:

-Original 14" wheels will fit on this conversion. This is not to say that we guarantee wheel fit since we have no way of knowing for sure which wheels are on your car.

-This 5 lug kit fits onto the car's original 5 lug (V8 type) spindles.

-The system will use original spec replacement parts.

-You will need to make the simple hard lines necessary to plumb in the dual reservoir master cylinder and proportioning valve included with the kit.

-The rotors are slotted 11.3" diameter, the calipers are 4 piston static mount type, and the pads are premium ceramic.

-All bolts are grade 8 or better.

Make payment by PayPal or call us at 512-947-6718 to pay using a credit or debit card. We expect payment within one week.

We will ship the order in 2 boxes by FedEx Ground (the auction utility forces us to say UPS, but it will ship by FedEx). I do my best to ship all orders immediately and I start tearing my hair out if it doesn't go within 3 days.

We pledge to do everything possible to make your experience with us and our products a positive one.

All sales are final; we will correct any product defect, as well as any error or ommission on our part.

sorry no dice on getting pics right from ebay and they dont know how to spell omission but.... slotted, 4 piston and seem to be a decent price if you wish to do it yourself.

here's their site
http://www.discbrakeswap.com/parts/parts

oh and their site seems to not work....nm lol

Last edited by longlive289s; 04-03-2010 at 02:05 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:31 AM
kalli
6th Gear Member

i bought the exact same kit from him directly.

very very smooth. easy install
Old 04-03-2010, 07:03 AM
scootchu
4th Gear Member

Yep, me too. I bought direct from disc brake swap. Install went well, just had a little trouble installing one of the caliper fittings, but it finally went in.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:24 AM
blue66mustang
2nd Gear Member

Have had this kit on my 1966 for a little over a year. Absoloutly no problems with it. From start to finish it took me less than 2 days to install. Make a HUGE difference in the stopping power.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:52 AM
chris66dad
2nd Gear Member

Another happy customer of the CSRP kit.
Easy install and great support from Dennis (owner) at CSRP.
I dealt directly through him and had my boxes on the doorstep in 3 days.
http://www.discbrakeswap.com/
Deal directly with him and you wont have to pay the 10% Ebay fee.
His cost is 524 for everything when ordered directly from him.

Last edited by chris66dad; 04-03-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:57 PM
2+2GT
6th Gear Member

Excellent stuff. Glazier Nolan uses them. Very approachable either way, if you have a question GN will put you on the phone with a tech from their restoration shop.

Posting eBay photos is a snap. Which one do you want posted? Here's the hardware kit:

Old 04-03-2010, 02:38 PM
guardrail

great to hear! thanks for the comments, I'm even more excited now!!
Old 04-03-2010, 04:41 PM
LynnBob Mustang
5th Gear Member

I just got their kit as well, I haven't put it on as I'm know where near that stage yet, but it looks great from everything I've looked at.

Lynn

Quick Reply: anyone used this disc brake conversion kit?