Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Best Stang & Why. Your oponion needed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 04:09 AM
73Cleveland
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Best Stang & Why. Your oponion needed!

ORIGINAL: Scott H.

ORIGINAL: 73Cleveland

Lets not forget the loooong aerodynamic lines of the 73 Mach with a powerful Cleveland!

(This should stir up the discussion!)

And the picture is where???

For god's sake man, snap that picture, edit that post...Stand up for your car!!!!!
In such an important thread as this how can you expect to be taken seriously without a picture!!!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!

Now get in there and make us proud

Attachment (1)
Here it is! I'm still trying to figure out how to get it the right size to add to my sig.

Old 08-02-2005, 05:57 AM
doobs
4th Gear Member

one of the best years...351 cleveland

[IMG]local://upfiles/16349/76509D0A4ACD4A52A6A8F1A934FDB0BC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16349/72B65CC139694038B72C9BDFEE0E7740.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16349/2FE539A297E14A1AB9CBE5EC2B3E9A45.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-02-2005, 09:39 AM
jes72mustang
2nd Gear Member

You 73 mach 1 guys are close but just missed by a little. every one has the big machs and sports roofs. You really want to go with the big body coupe...
Old 08-02-2005, 12:05 PM
73Cleveland
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jes72mustang

You 73 mach 1 guys are close but just missed by a little. every one has the big machs and sports roofs. You really want to go with the big body coupe...
Nice Car! I really like the hoods & fenders on the 71-73's the most. I guess we gotta go with what we like. I was working at a Ford dealership in late spring of 77 and saw what is now MY MACH come in on a trade and had to test drive it. At that time all that there were was the mustang II, which was what I was going to buy. It was a King Cobra or Cobra with a 302 or may have been a 351w (memory is faded just a bit!). Anyway I drove it and said WOW, I gotta get this! I didnt sign the paperwork for the Cobra I was negoating for and drove this home instrad.

What engine ya got in that sweet ride of yours?

If you're interested, www.ohiomustang.com has a great looking RAM Air kit he's testing for some supplier that fits our breed of stang! He didn't have a price for it yet but it sure looked nice! It looked exactly like the orig! I know it won't be cheap but I'll save my nickles & dimes and maybe get one next spring.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:08 AM
jes72mustang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jes72mustang

Nice Car! I really like the hoods & fenders on the 71-73's the most. I guess we gotta go with what we like. I was working at a Ford dealership in late spring of 77 and saw what is now MY MACH come in on a trade and had to test drive it. At that time all that there were was the mustang II, which was what I was going to buy. It was a King Cobra or Cobra with a 302 or may have been a 351w (memory is faded just a bit!). Anyway I drove it and said WOW, I gotta get this! I didnt sign the paperwork for the Cobra I was negoating for and drove this home instrad.

What engine ya got in that sweet ride of yours?

If you're interested, www.ohiomustang.com has a great looking RAM Air kit he's testing for some supplier that fits our breed of stang! He didn't have a price for it yet but it sure looked nice! It looked exactly like the orig! I know it won't be cheap but I'll save my nickles & dimes and maybe get one next spring.
Thanks
SHe's got a 351C v2 breathing through a edelbrock 650 and preformer RPM intake and dual flows, Putting power to the ground by an FMX tranny and 4:11s in the 9 inch.
I think I am going to get the head massaged over the winter and add Headers and an x or h pipe. I have a replacement center section with 3:50s to put in and I want to replace the Tires with the stock size. My speedo is crazy out of whack, due to the gear and tire size changes that the POs made. Once I get her running good I need to look into getting the body work and paint done.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Scott H.
5th Gear Member

Sweet!!

If you've got a program like Photoshop you can resize it to about 100wx50h pixels. That should be fairly close. Or maybe send a PM to Jinxed or Dan66.

Very nice '73!!!!

Scott

Lets not forget the loooong aerodynamic lines of the 73 Mach with a powerful Cleveland!

For god's sake man, snap that picture, edit that post...Stand up for your car!!!!!
In such an important thread as this how can you expect to be taken seriously without a picture!!!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!

Attachment (1)
Here it is! I'm still trying to figure out how to get it the right size to add to my sig.

Old 08-03-2005, 04:35 PM
73Cleveland
2nd Gear Member

Sweet!!

If you've got a program like Photoshop you can resize it to about 100wx50h pixels. That should be fairly close. Or maybe send a PM to Jinxed or Dan66.

Very nice '73!!!!

Scott

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!

Attachment (1)

Thanks! It's been a while getting to where it is!

I'll try using Photoshop to shrink them down. I seem to be getting them under the file size limit but I guess something is wrong with the resolution being too high.

I'm going to the car show at MIS this Sat and will be taking some new PIC's there. I'll try to get back on next week with them. I think they are expecting 1000+ cars there. I'm planning on taking it around the speedway track. This is something they are doing at the end of the show. I posted the info in a seperate link if anyone is interested.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:15 PM
ivanr77
2nd Gear Member

Nope,67, 68 and 69 are the best looking years. sorry guys but 64-66 are ugly. The front end is corny and the rear end along with the taillight panel is for girls. 67-69 are defiently more aggressive looking and stand out a lot better than any other year. Getting into the 70s is getting to boxy...
Old 08-03-2005, 07:30 PM
73Cleveland
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ivanr77

Nope,67, 68 and 69 are the best looking years. sorry guys but 64-66 are ugly. The front end is corny and the rear end along with the taillight panel is for girls. 67-69 are defiently more aggressive looking and stand out a lot better than any other year. Getting into the 70s is getting to boxy...
Sounds like a pretty narrow minded view there Ivan. You have nothing to be sorry about since you are pretty wrong there. I think all the classics from 64 1/2 - 73 have their good qualities. Everyone here is pretty proud of their rides and would match them against anybody elses ride. Lets keep this positive instead of ragging on everyone's ride except what you find to be the best.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:56 PM
ivanr77
2nd Gear Member

I was asked for my opinion and I gave it, yes you may conisder it narrow minded but at least I'm being honest about what I think. You're right that all classics have good qualities but I was specificly referring to the looks of the car, there are certainly better features for certain years than in other years but i was referring to looks.

Quick Reply: Best Stang & Why. Your oponion needed!