Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

A woman's project: 68 Fastback

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

So nice!!! You should keep it that color!!! hehe
Old 10-26-2011, 10:07 PM
dmaclaren
2nd Gear Member

She is so SEXY!
Old 10-27-2011, 05:51 AM
Gigger

Wow, I would drive it just like that but I know its not a rat rod, I'm sure this car will shine, well done, Gerry
Old 10-27-2011, 10:37 AM
69FB
4th Gear Member

NoReigns, I might have mentioned this before in your thread but during the 45th Mustang Anniversary here in Birmingham my younger brother and I drove my twins Shelby GT/SC for the cruise Friday night. He had to work on directing traffic since the mustang club he's in was hosting it.

Anyways we saw an Eleanor in black with pepper gray stripes about 25 feet from where we parked. It had the same stance as your car. The people we had parked next to had come down with him from Pennsylvania and since he had parked in an alley they told him to move it into the parking lot with them.

He started it up and from 25 feet away it was vibrating everything up into our chests. My brother turned to me and he said, "It doesn't matter whatever we see this weekend, that is the baddest mustang here." Turns out it was sporting a stroked 427 side oiler. Also it made the cover of one of the May mustang magazines.

Your car even without paint on it sitting on that trailer looks amazing. As you said at least you have a second mustang to work on if you get bored not having "Eleanor" to work on.

Personally I have having my car primed flat black so I can drive it around as I save up for the other components to finish the mechanicals on my car.

I can't wait to see the car when it comes back from Florida.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:46 AM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 69FB
NoReigns, I might have mentioned this before in your thread but during the 45th Mustang Anniversary here in Birmingham my younger brother and I drove my twins Shelby GT/SC for the cruise Friday night. He had to work on directing traffic since the mustang club he's in was hosting it.

Anyways we saw an Eleanor in black with pepper gray stripes about 25 feet from where we parked. It had the same stance as your car. The people we had parked next to had come down with him from Pennsylvania and since he had parked in an alley they told him to move it into the parking lot with them.

He started it up and from 25 feet away it was vibrating everything up into our chests. My brother turned to me and he said, "It doesn't matter whatever we see this weekend, that is the baddest mustang here." Turns out it was sporting a stroked 427 side oiler. Also it made the cover of one of the May mustang magazines.

Your car even without paint on it sitting on that trailer looks amazing. As you said at least you have a second mustang to work on if you get bored not having "Eleanor" to work on.

Personally I have having my car primed flat black so I can drive it around as I save up for the other components to finish the mechanicals on my car.

I can't wait to see the car when it comes back from Florida.
I think I might know who that was. Was it the cover of a November issue though? For some reason I remember him being from PA. If it was the same guy I have to agree, the black with gray is stunning and I can imagine the number of jaws dropping when he fired that thing up! Our painter wants to paint it black, and almost had me convinced for a moment. I do love black!

Thanks everyone for the compliments and support. I tossed around putting the paint on hold and have everything in it ready to drive, but this way we'll have the winter to get the components in order. It will be April or so till the car comes back so we've got some time to think about what to do with the drivetrain and such.

I wasn't going to post anymore pics of the car but here are some on the way to Florida.

We just had to put the plate on it, hehehe.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:56 PM
OkBrent
1st Gear Member

I have a quick question for you, I have looked through the post and can't find the wheel and tire combo? They look like 17" Coy Wheels? What are the tires and size? Thank you for your help. Brent
Old 11-01-2011, 09:35 AM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by OkBrent
I have a quick question for you, I have looked through the post and can't find the wheel and tire combo? They look like 17" Coy Wheels? What are the tires and size? Thank you for your help. Brent
No problem. The fronts are 245/45/17 and the rears are 275/40/17. They are PSE wheels. The tire's are BF Goodrich KDW's.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:31 PM
racer_dave
3rd Gear Member

I'm surprised you have the good wheels and tires on it. I'd have thought that going to paint it would just have some knock-around steelies on it. Any particular reason why you kept the good wheels and tires on it?
Old 11-01-2011, 06:19 PM
OkBrent
1st Gear Member

I bet it is because they look AWSOME!!!! Not sure if thats the answer, but I bet it is....
Old 11-01-2011, 08:17 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

for sure take those wheels off...overspray will find its way all over them...I learned the hard way...find some pos wheels on craigslist

Quick Reply: A woman's project: 68 Fastback