Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

A woman's project: 68 Fastback

Old 04-14-2014, 07:09 AM
chrisKcode

Oh my, that does look fantastic, excellent job and looks wonderful in the sun.
Sorry to see your troubles on the engine and hope you get there soon.

Chris
England
Old 04-14-2014, 07:18 AM
racer_dave
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, that is bad a$$. Incredible job so far!

I showed this thread to my daughter and she was like 'You mean a girl is doing that!' (I guess she didn't notice the hubby working to....) She's pretty fired up to work on her car.

Keep going, looks terrific, although 'terrific' doesn't quite do it justice.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:32 AM
Stangatic
3rd Gear Member

Wow, I just caught up after months of not check out what's been going on. I usually get email alerts whenever someone posts to this thread or NoReins makes an update, and started to get worried. (can you say Devoted follower!!!)

I really hate when these companies state that their products will work with XYZ application, but when you get the item in and installed it's far from the truth. I had problems with QA1 suspension parts (on my 2000 GT) and the MSD EFI I got on my car now. The MSD EFI was a $2200 mistake! Hearing what you had to say almost turns me far away from using R&C setups. So maybe Ill go back to the drawling board with my planned setup.

There are plenty of stout engine combos out there that you can go with. You might want to explore with the DART 302 blocks or the Boss Ford blocks for more cubes. I would sell the supercharger alone and the long block separately since they don't work together.

I know you wanted to keep it as move correct as possible, but wouldn't the cheaper route be getting the larger Eleanor hood?
Old 07-16-2014, 05:33 AM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

No, we don't want to go that route and even if we did the back of the hood would still most likely not clear.

Anyway, we have not touched the car in many months. But, she will be having a photo shoot this weekend so we are trying to make her look like she runs. A few nights ago we put the grilles in.

Name:  180E8A13-DDD1-46A0-A280-47970A22E014_zps8zo30qx8.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  1.65 MB
Old 07-16-2014, 09:54 AM
Stangatic
3rd Gear Member

Looks good! Any developments on the engine?

The Eleanor project that I have been working on is at a stand still too. Since coming back from body and paint, my good friend that I am helping (it's his car) appears to have lost interest; which is a shame because all is left to do is put everything back in the car and buy an engine. I might try to purchase it from him to build and sell to provide additional funding for my Eleanor convertible project.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:55 AM
racer_dave
3rd Gear Member

That looks so wicked... Who is the photo shoot for?

I know you all needed a break, but keep going on her... I guess for encouragement I'll say to you the same thing I say to my friends when we're bitching about racing costs/parts that don't fit/wrecks/lack of sponsors etc... "If it was easy everyone would be doing it." And as always, if there's anything we can help with, let us know...
Old 07-16-2014, 01:42 PM
Roystang

Great looking Mustang keep up the awesome work!
Old 07-17-2014, 03:50 PM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

Thanks guys! No development on the engine. Right now the only thing she's doing is serving as a very pretty garage ornament Everytime I go into the garage I do a double take. She is so pretty, the pictures don't go her justice. We'll get back at it soon, I promise. Time and money, time and money as we all know!

Here is a shot of the front finished with her grilles and lights. I can't get enough of her. The owner Southern Polyurethanes (we used SPI Universal Clear and SPI epoxy) requested a few shots for the Southern Polyurethanes product catalog.

Name:  337E73BB-3677-4739-9641-CCAA6C5A3A56_zpsjxzk0tke.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  132.4 KB
Old 07-17-2014, 03:52 PM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

And I just realized, after almost 5 years she finally looks like my avatar! Wow, I can't believe it
Old 07-18-2014, 07:36 AM
racer_dave
3rd Gear Member

Then it's time to update the avatar pic... A question I didn't see covered in your build- whose wiring harness did you use? would you use the same one again or a diffierent brand? pros/cons?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A woman's project: 68 Fastback