Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Brian's 67 Resto-Mod Project

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 03:55 PM
HEADACHEZ
1st Gear Member

Moving on to the interior. I completely gutted what was left of it, which was not much. Removed the carpet found surface rust under the back seat and up front in the foot wells. Sanded it all down (sorry no pics of the rust) and just sprayed the areas I sanded. In my opinion the other areas look fine and it will be carpeted anyway. I also sanded down the rear door panels or whatever they are called and will be painting them black. I still need to sand and prime/paint the inside of the doors and the dash. Can anyone tell me if the parchment color is original to the car?

Old 09-29-2010, 06:27 PM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

Looking great!!! I think your floors look fine, good thing there weren't any rust pinholes.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:03 PM
HEADACHEZ
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hightower2011
Looking great!!! I think your floors look fine, good thing there weren't any rust pinholes.
Thanks!

I finished sanding down both doors to bare metal and primed them both. I would have painted them but my paint is on back on order, so it will have to wait until next weekend. Still have to do the dash but I'm saving that for last.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:41 AM
MBPhotos

This is fun to watch Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see the finished product, I'll be watching!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:57 AM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

What primer are you using?

And what color are you painting your interior?
Old 10-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Novice-Owner-Marc
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by HEADACHEZ

This is looking great. I love seeing the work as you progress through it. Thank you very much for sharing.

Out of curiosity, and well just because I don't know, what are these two parts here in the pictures? They don't appear to be part of the doors, or am I missing something?
Old 10-05-2010, 11:35 AM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Novice-Owner-Marc
This is looking great. I love seeing the work as you progress through it. Thank you very much for sharing.

Out of curiosity, and well just because I don't know, what are these two parts here in the pictures? They don't appear to be part of the doors, or am I missing something?
I'm guessing the top one is the glovebox door?
And the second is the interior panel covering the rear vent window?

Not sure though...
Old 10-05-2010, 12:36 PM
retro77
2nd Gear Member

Nice work on the '67 Coupe! I noticed that your old seat has the comfort weave pattern. I wonder if your car came optioned with the comfort weave. I'd order up a Marti report [just the basic one] to see what you car came with originally as well as original colors.

To answer your question, yes Parchment was an original interior color. It's also the original color for my car as well. But if your car came with comfort weave from the beginning, I'd stick with the same. Since you seem to be doing a resto-mod project [adding some performance with an original look] sticking with some original style tidbits, like seat patterns is a nice touch. Also the TMI sport seats come in Parchment. They have some bonus side bolster and look original. If you are planning to do some spirited driving, then upgrading to the sport seats will be nice.

TMI [Their site kinda sucks, but the catalog is good]:
http://www.mustangupholstery.com/cla..._products.html

Marti Report Info:
http://www.martiauto.com/

Good luck with the project! That reminds me, I need to update my build post as well.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:51 PM
HEADACHEZ
1st Gear Member

What primer are you using?

And what color are you painting your interior?
For primer I'm using Rustoleum sandable primer and for paint I'm going to use a semi-gloss black lacquer. I ordered it through CJ Pony Parts.

I'm guessing the top one is the glovebox door?
And the second is the interior panel covering the rear vent window?

Not sure though...
100% correct.

Originally Posted by retro77
Nice work on the '67 Coupe! I noticed that your old seat has the comfort weave pattern. I wonder if your car came optioned with the comfort weave. I'd order up a Marti report [just the basic one] to see what you car came with originally as well as original colors.

To answer your question, yes Parchment was an original interior color. It's also the original color for my car as well. But if your car came with comfort weave from the beginning, I'd stick with the same. Since you seem to be doing a resto-mod project [adding some performance with an original look] sticking with some original style tidbits, like seat patterns is a nice touch. Also the TMI sport seats come in Parchment. They have some bonus side bolster and look original. If you are planning to do some spirited driving, then upgrading to the sport seats will be nice.

TMI [Their site kinda sucks, but the catalog is good]:
http://www.mustangupholstery.com/cla..._products.html

Marti Report Info:
http://www.martiauto.com/

Good luck with the project! That reminds me, I need to update my build post as well.
Thank You for the support and compliments. As for the interior my plan is to do it all black with some aftermarket performance minded front buckets. Not sure on which one's yet.

As for the Marti report I'm confused. How can they give me a detailed report if I have no current door tag? Is it possible for them to know all the options the car came with just off the vin#?
Old 10-05-2010, 03:54 PM
retro77
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by HEADACHEZ
How can they give me a detailed report if I have no current door tag? Is it possible for them to know all the options the car came with just off the vin#?
Yes! All you need is the VIN and they have the records from Ford. They send you a report of what your car had originally as far as equipment, details on the color and dates on when the car was assembled, where, what dealership sold the car originally and how many like your car are out there.

Quick Reply: Brian's 67 Resto-Mod Project