Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

66 coupe resto - redstang

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 01:20 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

One of my next purchases is going to be a lentech valvebody
Old 12-20-2010, 01:31 PM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

Sounds like my husband...I'm always having to keep him on track. Must be a male thing

Looking great, keep up the good work. Wish mine was this far! We got our rear brakes this past weekend and our rear end should be ready to be picked up this week.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:39 PM
mr_velocity
4th Gear Member

I can't believe it's been so long and I haven't done much on the car. Just sits in the garage under the cover. That's it, this weekend I'm installing the rear suspension and packing the wheel bearings for the front.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:41 PM
zmetalmilitia
4th Gear Member

I fully understand. It's not I like I don't work on it, but a month or two goes by in between working on the car and wulah! 4 years later, I'm still at it. I guessed two years max when I started my restoration...........now I'm a little depressed.

Keep up the good work and keep at it.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Tilley
2nd Gear Member

Beautiful job!
Old 01-15-2011, 02:27 PM
mr_velocity
4th Gear Member

Just can't wait anymore, need to see if the trans is going to fit. Started mocking things up but need to run out to my son's high school hockey game. Old non-roller block that I had laying around.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:08 PM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

What motor mounts are you using?
Old 01-15-2011, 06:12 PM
mr_velocity
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NoReins
What motor mounts are you using?
For the motor, the ones that came with the R&C kit. For the trans I'm using Ron Morris.

Oh, if you plan on using the big block kit you have to weld the mounts yourself, the small blocks come welded up from R&C.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:52 PM
mr_velocity
4th Gear Member

Gotta love when a plan comes together. The 4R70W fits with no problems, still need to align the motor since the trans is off a little down the center of the tunnel but she is going to fit with no problem. R&C calls for 4 degrees on the motor, the car is off by .2 so its right where it needs to be.

Though not bolted in, looks like the Ron Morris cross member is going to fit perfectly. I may need to change the mount to the c4 mount to bring the cross member a little tighter to the bottom of the car. Good thing I have a spare

Old 01-16-2011, 03:44 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

Not sure how I missed your thread. Dont get discouraged when things happen and you end up not working on the car for a while, thats how it goes. You are doing the things I wish I could do, new suspension, not having a ton of rust to repair, overdrive trans, and having help.

That being said... I hate you. Not in the hate most people have, but just because you got to start with a car that wasnt a rust bucket or beat to death with door dings. The only cars I get that dont have rust dont have many reproduction parts for them, like my Cougar.

You do inspire me though, and I have been needing that. I havent touched my projects since April, other than to do a quick paint on the 70 GTO, didnt bother with much body work since its only to keep it from rusting. I wish I could start with something so clean, because if it was only the doors I would have repaired them. That is easy compared to what I have done already.

Keep plugging away, and do a little bit or a lot as you can. I cant wait to see it done.

Quick Reply: 66 coupe resto - redstang