Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Da noive of some people…

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 11:18 AM
kalli
6th Gear Member

ya we did that recently. converted manual to power. i would have said don't do it but he had the parts for over 2 years, obviosly the odd bracket missing and crap. but ya. that still is a lot better than people buying elsewhere and coming to you to help them or complain ...
Old 11-22-2010, 10:41 PM
cprstreetmachines
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Oxnard Montalvo
Then there's the guy that shows up with his own parts and asks how much to "Just put it in."
Almost prefer it to most things nowadays. There is't enough mark up to make it worth your while. I've started selling the parts I have here for 50 cents on the dollar just to get rid of them. Just sold a P/S unisteer R+P kit for 900 new lol. At least when they bring in the parts, I don't have to warranty the R+R when it fails 30 days later.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:15 PM
harvest58

Default negative?

Originally Posted by CarGuyZM10
I'm glad to hear a good story from this place (well, it's good on there end). I hear so much negative about them.
really? are you sure your not confusing them with someone else?
Old 11-23-2010, 05:49 PM
2+2GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by harvest58
really? are you sure your not confusing them with someone else?
I was wondering that myself. I know these people, and should have noticed if there were anything negative going on.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:18 AM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

Yeah, I've never heard anything negative about them. They've come through several times for me with some hard to find stuff and some weird technical questions.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:21 AM
KMatch
2nd Gear Member

Then there's the guy that shows up with his own parts and asks how much to "Just put it in."
To which I ask where they bought it. "What? Vatozone won't install it for ya? Damn the bad luck..."
Old 11-24-2010, 10:10 AM
2+2GT
6th Gear Member

Well, there's two sides to that coin. Last winter my fuel pump died, I had the flu, and me pulling the tank and replacing it just wasn't going to happen. The shop that did it priced the repair fairly, but they put in a replacement pump only, not the whole unit, yet charged me more than a complete unit costs retail. I could have saved about $150 if I had done the "put this in for me" part.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:20 PM
mustankid

Originally Posted by Starfury
A couple days ago my field sales guy and his boss were out seeing customers. They were out at the local cab company when our competitor's driver showed up with a ball joint. The druggie mobile tech complained that he needed a special tool to install the ball joint (a ball joint press kit), then asked my sales guy if he could rent the tool from us to get the job done.

:-|
LOLOL i would usually use a press. how are you gonna borrow a thousand pound press??
Old 11-24-2010, 05:13 PM
tcrote5516
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustankid
LOLOL i would usually use a press. how are you gonna borrow a thousand pound press??
Slowly
Old 11-25-2010, 07:23 AM
CarGuyZM10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2+2GT
I was wondering that myself. I know these people, and should have noticed if there were anything negative going on.
Glazier's Mustang Barn, right? Near the Northeast Extension of the Pa Turnpike? Yeah, I have heard bad things about it from people here locally, but I hear nothing but good here. It sorta confuses me.

Quick Reply: Da noive of some people…