Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Mustangs Unlimited

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 06:31 PM
tcrote5516
2nd Gear Member

Devils advocate here....I've had 50 or so transactions totaling about $13,000 and not one issue. I did have a problem with a crap scott drake part that mu replaced months later with no questions asked.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:37 PM
p4lm3r

*** Disclaimer Feel free to email this thread to MU****

I dealt with Bill at the Atlanta location. Some of the parts that were crystal clear- I ordered wheel bearings and seals all the way around, I got the front bearings and seals, and just the rear wheel seals. This was an intentional oversight. I ordered an entire console, inserts, armrest, the whole damned thing, I got most of it, minus the armrest. This has to be another intentional oversight. I ordered an entire black interior, as I had Ivy, I was missing the seat backs, hinge covers, and, I know I mentioned to him several times, the sun visors. I had a 5 min conversation with him about removing the studs from the drums, telling him I needed new studs, he told me I didn't order them.

I assumed these things were overlooked by packing, but he never added any of them to the order. Then he acted like it was my fault. This is what pisses me off.

This is on top of them not honoring my CC and not contacting me about it until I called to see why things hadn't arrived. They are not a good company to deal with. Again, I have had bigger orders with Pelican Parts, and I have never had to deal with this kind of treatment.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:50 PM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

That is misfortunate. I understand your frustration however I've had nothing but great success with this company. I love how I can order something and it be on my doorstep two days later. I hope they can fix your situation, as a big order you placed surely makes you a customer they would not like to displease. Good luck.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Bitter
2nd Gear Member

There is no need to email this thread to MU. They, and most of the larger vendors, monitor forums like this. I'm sure they know who you are.

While I've ordered over 100 parts from them, I can't say that I've made an order of over 100 parts. The larger your order, the more likely something will go wrong. What surprises is that they have not made it right. That has not been my experience.

This is page 3 and the only other negative comment I've heard is someone who felt they were disorganized and arrogant. Again, that has not been my experience.

Until I have a bad experience, I'll continue to use them. I hope you are able to work things out with them.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:23 AM
tx65coupe
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nba1341
I wouldn't use MU because they make me enter my card info before I get a total.
I don't care for that either.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:04 AM
rbrown22
2nd Gear Member

I restored my '65 mainly from MU.. Never had a issue.. I also helped a friend restore his '66..
Old 12-31-2010, 06:45 PM
mxg30
2nd Gear Member

I too had trouble with mustangs unlimited some years back when a set of leaf springs didn't show up after a month of phone calls and letters.
ups admitted that they were the ones who lost the springs and were very helpful for as much as they could do, but my purchase was not with ups it was with mustangs unlimited who gave me the run-around and would not retun my calls until...
I was able to get the name and number of the OWNER (CHRIS HOVERMAN).
I left Chris a voice message letting him know that I was not taking it and that if he didn't make the next move to make it right then I would.
Within 30 min I had two phone calls one from the GM and another from the Mgr who wouldn't return my earlier calls (some joker by the last name of FIFE) almost begging for forgiveness. I told them that I only wanted to be treated professionally, respectfully and to just give me my money back so I could move on.
The next day I had my refund check next day fedex and a second set of springs were shipped next dat fedex at no charge. the Fife guy said he would feel better if he could send me the springs even though I was still getting a refund.
I know it was all CHRIS HOVERMAN the Owners doing and sad that it had to take a month of frustration and even though they made up for it I will still never give them by business ever again becaue there is too much deserving competition.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:54 PM
zmetalmilitia
4th Gear Member

I must say, it it VERY rare to find excellent customer service in the world today. No one wants to take any responsibility for their actions or what they are tasked to do in the work place. This kind of attitude is everywhere. Honestly, I hate dealing with people because most are a-holes. Good luck with your cars.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:05 AM
tx65coupe
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by zmetalmilitia
I must say, it it VERY rare to find excellent customer service in the world today. No one wants to take any responsibility for their actions or what they are tasked to do in the work place. This kind of attitude is everywhere. Honestly, I hate dealing with people because most are a-holes. Good luck with your cars.
I share this thought too.