Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

MustangFTW 67 resto thread.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 08:55 PM
MustangFTW

i wasnt in the whole car scene until right before bought this so i wasnt aware there was car shows here. know where i can find more info?
im planning on painting once it warms up, then i might get some new chrome pieces. if it looks good before the shows i might think about it.

NoReins
thats gonna look sick!!!
keep me updated on that car for sure.
im getting kind of burned out on Eleanors, candy apple red, and dark blue.
although all of those colors are amazing.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:16 AM
jp1967stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFTW
i wasnt in the whole car scene until right before bought this so i wasnt aware there was car shows here. know where i can find more info?
im planning on painting once it warms up, then i might get some new chrome pieces. if it looks good before the shows i might think about it.

NoReins
thats gonna look sick!!!
keep me updated on that car for sure.
im getting kind of burned out on Eleanors, candy apple red, and dark blue.
although all of those colors are amazing.
Dont worrie about it looking great its all about fun i know some **** make it seem like its all about what the car is but i love my car and i dont care what people say i cant afford to have it all. I just like to enjoy it wish more people felt the same way either way even without it painted make it out to a few shows or even university aka porkeys its just like an old stop not a car show just a place to meet up and have a good time alot of cars go down their. Let me know if you ever decide to go down their aways like to meet the people into classics being im younger and everyone is mostly into fox bodys and up. I dont really go to shows besides university its off of snelling and university in st paul. Look it up ull have fun alot of nice car and projects go out their, just got to get their early because it fills up fast and its hard to find somewhere to park. I let you know of any shows too on here by posting them, most common for me its north st paul every friday, stillwater, hastings, car craft witch is huge on university cant even move on it, and just the fair grounds events.

Last edited by jp1967stang; 02-06-2011 at 01:28 AM.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:00 PM
MustangFTW

ill definitely check it out, maybe once it warms up here.

Update:

was working on the quarter panels and....theres bondo stuffed between the wheel well and panel in the "lip"....WHO STUFFED BONDO IN THERE.
no longer an issue, i patched it with fiberglass, will stay that way till i replace entire quarter.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:37 AM
MustangFTW

ugh calc 2 test on thursday.....

it is -10 outside this morning, and i have to walk across campus for my class, im gonna have fun.

next project is replacing the bumper brackets as soon as i have some time on my hands.

new radio installed.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:21 PM
MustangFTW

wow i just found something nasty under my car what is this piece called?

Old 02-15-2011, 12:23 PM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

Can't tell what that is, got another pic?
Old 02-15-2011, 12:44 PM
boeing747arowair
3rd Gear Member

seems like the framerail where jack used to be placed
Old 02-15-2011, 12:49 PM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

Good lord if that is the frame rail! It looks like it's been peeled back from being used as a jack point, if thats the case.

Where is this on the car? Front or back?
Old 02-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Novice-Owner-Marc
2nd Gear Member

Any way you can get a couple more pictures of the problem? Nice work so far from what I have read on your thread.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:03 PM
boeing747arowair
3rd Gear Member

looks like the front driver side due to that gas line i believe correct me if im wrong

Quick Reply: MustangFTW 67 resto thread.